• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Nightmare with posted vivs

RO8 H

So I ordered my new set of vivs only to find that out of the 4 of them one had all of the glass smashed and 2 of them had the runners for the glass crushed. Now I know that these aren't expensive to replace but its certainly not what I was hoping for. Just when you want things to run smoothly!

That sucks. Just to clarify, is this something that you had shipped to you? Can't you file a damage claim with the shipping company?

Kathy

Yes they were shipped to me. And I have emailed the company. I'm hoping that they will either replace the whole lot or at least the damaged parts. what's worse is that on one of the boxes there was a King Kong sized footprint so the less than careful delivery man clearly climbed over them.

I've had damage to shipped vivs twice. One was a 40 breeder glass viv that the seller assured me he could ship safely. He did not pack it well enough the first time. The second time he got it right. At his cost.

The first time was a horrible experience. I ordered custom cages from a "company," (Jungle Plastics) a guy I guess who made them himself, upon recommendation from a member here. When they arrived, parts were missing, broken, corners were bashed in, they were dirty...I sent them back, at his cost, and he rebuilt them and replaced them, and had them packed professionally for shipping the second time around, and they made it safely.

So it's up to the seller to replace, and file a claim with the shipper if there's a valid reason. Usually, though, items just aren't packed correctly.

Good thing we are supposed to be certified to ship snakes, or the same thing would happen to them more often. You think that styrofoam is in the box for insulation but it is actually there to make the box crush-proof, and when you are getting certified and send in your test package, that's one thing they do is try to crush it.

I have spoken with the company today. New glass and runners being sent at their cost. Just a big inconvienience.

My Uncle used to keep fish. He had quite the collection. Then he got into Reptiles, mostly lizards. But anyways he ordered one Viv off the internet and it arrived completly crushed. Every side of glass was broken and the plastic top was cracked in 4 places. From then on he went and picked up his own Viv/fish tanks. He got a giant 100 gallon tank for his fish collection. He rented a flat bed truck to get it to his home haha. So from his experience I won't order glass vivs off the internet.

Back