• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Dang Boxing Week sales!

LittleFrog

Couldn't resist, yesterday I was FINALLY able to get my very first frog! I picked up a six month old Giant African Bullfrog during the Boxing Week sales at Petsmart. A fellow from my local herp group works at that store and is almost certain he is male, so I've named him Straxx. He's a good 5 or 6" now, and I'm looking forward to watching him grow! He's very happily burrowed into his substrate now, and I look forward to him discovering his "pond", as apparently he absolutely LOVED the water in his tank at the store and hardly ever left it, lol. I took a quick pic of his new home while I was setting it up, the thermometer was only in the water until I was sure it was room temperature: He's in a 10 gallon for now, but I'm working on picking up a 20 or 30 gallon right away, as I know he will outgrow the 10 gallon very quickly.
012_zpsafd44556.jpg

And here is Straxx himself, just a quick pic I took before I took him from his box.
015_zps5b84f7a8.jpg

Thanks, he's SUCH a glutton, lol! He never stops eating! He ate 20 large crickets yesterday, and he would have been more than happy to eat more if I'd kept offering them to him! Good thing crickets are cheap, lol!

Got some new Strax photos! Here are some new pics of Strax that I took while moving him into his new 25 gallon home. Look how puffed up he was in the first two pics, he was NOT happy about being moved, lol!
002_zps899ab86f.jpg

003_zpsbd1e7fd5.jpg

004_zps29ad55cf.jpg

006_zps6087616d.jpg

Back