• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What other snakes do you like...

Amanda E

Snake Addict!
After reading a poll on another forum, I decided I'd post a similar one here:

1. What is the next snake, other than a cornsnake, that you will probably get?

2. If you could only have one species of snake, other than cornsnakes, what would it be?

3. What kind of snake would you like to get but you won't and why.

4. Favorite boid, whether you have one or not?

5. Favorite venomous snake, whether you have one or not?

My answers:

1. A female Taiwan beauty, unless this one local breeder has luck with his Olive House Snakes (he's the only one in the US to have them that I know of).

2. Probably a Taiwan beauty (I don't have one yet, as #1 shows, but I've held one and it was awesome, and they are big... I love large ratsnakes... the bigger the better)

3. Red-tailed green ratsnake; They're beautiful but I won't get one (at least until I get more experience) because I've heard that they are very nervous and can't be handled easily, if at all.

4. I couldn't choose just one: Nicaraguan Boa, Rosy Boa, or Rough Scaled Sand Boa

5. I couldn't choose just one: Gaboon, Rhino, or Eyelash viper

A photo of an Olive House Snake, for those of you who have never seen them:
5212OliveHouseSnake.jpg

1. Right now I am possibly waiting for an Amazon Tree Boa from a friend that breeds them. I think that they are extremely beautiful snakes, and are as nicely colored as the corns. I can't wait!!!

2. That is a hard question. I like them all!!! If I would have to pick just one, I guess it would have to be the Bairds. They are awesome snakes.

3. I would love to have a leucistic ball python. The reason I would never get one, the price. I could never in a million years afford one of those beauties.

4. Ball Pythons, All the different types and colors of BCI.

5. I have to say that my favorite venomous has to be the albino monacled cobra. They are just so GORGEOUS!!!

Other then corns I keep ball pythons.
What I would like to keep are costal plains milks and green tree pythons.What an extreme.
I consider both advanced and difficult thats why I havn't tried to keep them yet.

1-Next will be a male Corn Island Boa, to compliment the female I just got

2-A boid, either Rubber Boas or Corn Island, probably Corn Island since my RB's are on my "s" list because they have decided they don't want to eat.

3-Coral Albino BCI, and I won't because I don't have the room for a full-sized boa, and am not ready for a 2 person job yet. I know it's virtually impossible to get hurt if you follow all the handling precautions, but I instinctively distrust wild animals no matter how "tame" and will always have a spotter when handling a powerful snake over 7 feet or so. Oh, and did I mention I'm not wealthy?

4-Boa Constrictors, especially the dwarf boas. I don't think I can narrow it down any further.

5-I've always been partial to rattlesnakes, particularly the Timber Rattler.

BTW, that is an absolutely gorgeous snake! I adore that green!
Here's a pic of my Corn Isle, she's blue as you can see. She should shed soon, I can't wait!

Attachments

• Druantia3.JPG
    Druantia3.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 53
I would love to have an Emerald tree Boa, or a Green Tree Python, unfortunately these are "look, don't touch" snakes and I like to handle my snakes, though they are sooooo beautiful even as babies!

1. Albino Ball Python
2. Ball Python
3. Burm Python....um there huge lol
4. Ball Python
5. Cobra

Pine (Black Pine or Leucistic Southern Pine) or Bull snake.

2. If you could only have one species of snake, other than cornsnakes, what would it be? Bull Snake

Eastern Indigo, they require pretty large enclosures for their size and have bowel movements that are very "odiferous" and runny.

Peruvian Red Tail

Copperhead

We have no plans but It could be anything...

2. If you could only have one species of snake, other than cornsnakes, what would it be?
A Royal Python

A Burm. They're just too large for us to accommidate.

A Royal. We've had a Bob Clark BP for a couple months now and he's a fantastic. Very laid back, never balls up, eats F/T every five days. Awsome critter.

The Yellow Sea Snake. They're large, extemely venomous and one of the most gentle snakes in existance.

1. A ball python probably... unless I see a nice BCI :D
2. Ball python!! They are great snakes!
3. Scrub python, they are just so pretty, but they do get kinda big, and I'm not sure about getting bitten by one either :sidestep:
4. Ball python!!!!
5. Gaboon or eyelash viper, I love the eyelash viper's colours, and the gaboon's pattern!

Corn Island Boa

Gray-banded King

Cobra! I don't believe further explaination is necessary... :rolleyes:

Caulker Cays. I love 'em!

White Lip Viper

I'll add one:

6. What is the coolest snake in your collection?
Rubber Boa :cool:

1- What is the next snake, other than a cornsnake that I'll probably get? Stimson's Python
2- If you could only have one species othe than a cornsnake?
Green Tree Python
3- What kind of snake would you like to get but won't?
Reticulated Python- way too big!
4- Favorite Boid
Amazon Tree Boa
5- Favorite Venomous snake
Cobra
6- Coolest snake(s) in my collection
White Lipped Python
Green Treen Python
:wavey:

Either a black king snake or a black milk snake - after getting information on how easy they are to maintain, of course.

Same as my answer to #1

Indigo snake - too much room to house, too smelly from what I've heard, and I don't know if it's legal to keep them in PA.

no answer

Black mamba - big, fast and deadly

amanda E said:

1) Will probably get either a Gray Banded King Snake (Let me know when they hatch CAV), a Red Tailed Boa, or a Ball python...Choices are in that order.

2) If I was limited to one other type of snake, it would have to be some type of Python.

3) There are two snakes that I woud love to own, but never will. The first one is a Bermese Python, and I won't ever have one because I don't know if I would have the room for one. And the other is a Riticulated Python. Again, won't own one because of size, and I have heard that they have a large attitude.

4) Favorite BIOD would have to be the Gree Tree Boa.

5) Black Mamba. I love the body color, and the black mouth is just awesome.

1. A Trans Peco's Rat, hopefully blonde axanthic, if not then a blonde.

2. Columbian Red Tailed Boa....just LOVE my BCI's

3. I would love to get either a coral albino or super salmon boa but they cost too much for my pocket at this time.

4. Columbian as stated in no. 2.

5. Well, this one is a bit more difficult to pick just one since I would never, ever own one and have never seen these guys in person, but I definitely would love to. So, these are my favorites: For Vipers....The Rhino & the East African Gaboon & The Forest Pit Viper; For Copperheads....The Southern & the Broadbanded Copperheads. If they weren't venemous, I'd definitely look into getting some.

No plans to get more at the moment, but Elaphe moellendorffi are high on my list.

That's a toughie! There are so many cool species... I suppose if I could only pick one, it would be a mandarin rat snake, but that answer could change next week, or tomorrow, or even if you asked me again in an hour!

Hognose snakes (too frustrating getting the babies to eat, IMO)
Green Tree Pythons (too fussy/finicky/touchy)

Womas

Eyelash viper or one of the smaller rattlesnakes.

6. Coolest snake(s) in my collection.

Hmmm... I'd have to go with the various boids I keep (womas, Sanzinia, Hog Is. boas). They lose points for taking up so much space, but they are definitely cool.

No plans to get anything but corns anymore, but possibly a ball python.
Again, I'd have to go with a ball.

Emerald Tree Boa, and wouldn't do it because of the high price, humidity requirements, finicky eaters, and the touchy personality.
Piebald ball pythons, in a word: GORGEOUS!!

A few, gaboon vipers for their patterns, king cobras and black mambas for their "don't mess with me or I'll kill you quick" attitudes!

poll

well, I am getting another pair of Bairds rat snakes but since I already have one pair the next NEW snake I hope to add to my collection is White Oak Grey Rat Snake

Simple...Bairds Rat Snake

The Asian Rat Snakes. They are beautiful snakes. cage and care requirements just make it more then I can swing at this time.

I had one for a while (sold to a friend back in the early 80's when my wife moved in) Nothing special but I really did like that snake.
Burmese Python

Copperhead..In my opinion they are some of the most beautiful snakes you can find anywhere...hots or nots.

1. Probably a banded king.

2. Rainbow boa because of the awesome colors.

3. Emerald Tree Boa, I don't have the time or money or patients but man would one look sweet on display in the front room.

4. Burmese Python. HUGE enough said.

5. King Brown from down under. Nasty big and super deadly.

Back