• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

head patterns of striped

SnakeAround

Formerly Blutengel
As you can see beneath I own an amel striped girlie named Lady Stealth, that's because of her head pattern as shown below. Today I scrolled through the amel striped pics on kornatter.de and it stroke me that they all showed a Stealth like head pattern! Not exactly the same, but surely distinctive. I'd like to hear from striped-owners if their's have it too? It seems like the amels are most alike mine, I checked some pics of normal stripeds and they were more different but still Stealth like! Maybe I just put something up chewed on many times before, but I guess I'll hear that very soon then :flames:

Is there knowledge of certain head patterns being 'connected' to the color/pattern genes?

Attachments

• amelstripeshed.jpg
    amelstripeshed.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 89
Don't have any stripes to compare her to, but she is gorgeous! Her head pattern looks kind of like a manta ray. :rolleyes: Very appropriate name! :)

mmmm...... Manta would have been a great name too! You're right about the similarity... don't know if I want to thank you for mentioning it or not :rolleyes:

Striping does tend to influence the head pattern in my experience. Like bloodreds seem inclined to have a skull pattern, I think most stripes and mot/stripes seem to have that "winged" look.

:-offtopic I think in the four or five years I've been online that is the first pic I can remember seeing of a snake in mid shed :*) (nice pic, nice amel stripe)

Here's the head pattern of a stripe male that I sold this past weekend.

Attachments

• Bengal(head1).jpg
    Bengal(head1).jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 37
Just about every striped I've seen or owned has a head pattern just like that or very similar to that. Some motleys and motley-striped do as well.

One stealth, one less stealth, thanks for the input!

From the other thread it looks like hatchlings from 1 clutch have all quite similar head patters... I wonder if all striped corns originally came from one breeding pair, can't imagine that... I guess the striped head pattern is so called dominant on other patterns... how about that?

By the way; the amel striped girlie got into shed when I offered her a meal, I guess she couldn't start eating with the skin tight around her. She shed her head and neck and stroke on the living pinky immediately after and then she ent on shedding... I told about it in another thread of mine in the photo gallery

Back