• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Macro Throat Scales

Nanci

Alien Lover
I'm just messing around with my camera because it's raining for the third day in a row...Isn't this weird?

Attachments

• Isabel Rain 003cr.jpg
    Isabel Rain 003cr.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 75
Wow! That is so cool! Looks like they are little hooks almost, I never would have known...

Which of your snakes is that from?

Holy crap that's creepy! I would have thought that they were laying flat on the throat not being all out like that, cool picture!

And Waldo is correct! I zoomed all over that photo- I know way more about Isabel's skin than I wanted to...

Nanci

Original:

Attachments

• Isabel Rain 003_800.jpg
    Isabel Rain 003_800.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 62
That is one hell of a quality photo! :D

and an awesome reptile!

Could you link the full size picture please? would be nice to see.

Phoeb said:
That is one hell of a quality photo! :D

and an awesome reptile!

Could you link the full size picture please? would be nice to see.

I could e-mail it to you. I don't have anywhere to put it to link it. It's huge. But I can't attach it from here, and it won't tell me your e-mail address, so e-mail me if you want it. [email protected]

Nanci

Last edited:
Eriathiel said:
Wow! Thats amazing! Could you try and do that with some snake scales? :)

Here's an old one of Zee. There are people on here that have _way_ better scale pics than me, though.

The others are a rattlesnake and a mamba.

Nanci

Attachments

• scales_sm.jpg
    scales_sm.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Reptile World 032cr2.jpg
    Reptile World 032cr2.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Reptile World 055cr3.jpg
    Reptile World 055cr3.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 39
Those are all great close up shots Nanci! But Isabel's and the rattlesnake's are just out of this world. The details in the rattler's are so fine you can see the keeling on the scales as well as the slight curve of them.

Jenn

Back