• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What do YOU do when...

clipclopclip

New Avatar!
...you are stressed? I am having a particularly stressful week and I wondered if you guys could share some wonderful remedies for stress!

Here are some of mine:
1. Go see my horse and feed her carrots
2. Soak in the hot tub with my friends
3. Eat copious amounts of chocolate (the wonder drug!)
4. Look at pictures of pretty snakes
5. Handle my snow Meph
6. Stick my face in a warm, fuzzy, cat belly!

Any creative ideas, guys?

Watch the Indians with a 3 run lead against the Yankees needing only 6 more outs to advance to the ALCS.:crazy01: :headbang: :eek:

A long photo session with my snakes, a favorite movie with a full bowl of popcorn dripping with butter, hitting a big tree with a 2X4 until one of them breaks, going to the mall to just sit and make fun of (to yourself) the "sights" that walk by. Yes, I can be a sick puppy, but stress and I have a very close relationship.

Listening to music is my stress reliever. Right now it is Jack Johnson, but my taste cover everything from Johnny Cash to Pink Floyd to Rob Zombie to El Masivo, you get the idea.

My comfort food is Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream. The movie I watch for a distraction is "The Empire Strikes Back"

Wrestling with my siberians and listening to eurobeat never ceases to put me in a good mood.

my list

listening to music and blogging. or changing my room around and cleaning it. taking photos . playing piano. cleaning out the snake tanks. go to the pet shop/reptile store and look around. draw anything that comes to mind. write a story about anything you want. get on a horse in the gated place just lay on there bareback with no bridle only a lead rope to hold on too. try to train your horse to give kisses or other tricks. take a nap. take a long hot bubble bath with candles and bath beads. paint your nails or just do stuff you really don't have time to do often. there you go yes i have a very very long list!

The last time I was really stressed was when I was working on my proposal defense, and I put that pic of Carol's ice blood as the background of my computer. Everytime I would get really worked up, I would just click on my desktop to see that guy and my stress level would go down a little.

Otherwise, I rub out my upper back muscles with a tennis ball between me and a wall. And if it's been a stressful week that's then over, I come home and have a few drinks and de-stress by hanging out with my lovely wife.

I love playing old RPG games on my computer. Diablo I and II are my favorites, but an old game called Nox is great for that too. A few others... bubble-bath, walk in the park, thrift store shopping, and handling a few of my corns.

Back