• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Escaped Tarantula

snakemom1961

Spring is here!
My daughter went to feed her rose haired tarantula today and it seems to have escaped somehow.(I think the cat moved the top off of it somehow).

Anyway, do any of you who own tarantula's have any ideas for finding or recapturing it? I know there are traps for snakes, but are there any for T's?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Just the title of the thread is absolutely terrifying for me!
It is guarenteed to be in a nook or cranny, as Toshiro said. Best of luck!

It would terrify me more if one of the mice got loose, now THOSE terrify me. But not the tarantula. Go figure.

Whew.. your in Michigan. Ohio is close enough for me though, Ill keep my eyes peeled and let you know if she wandered to my place. That would be just my luck. I can bearly handle the little ones, and you let a huge one escape. And practically next door to me... yikes..

Large terrestrial spiders don't like to climb if they don't have to and prefer to stay to the egdes of room/walls. Check EVERYWHERE low to the ground in the room the T was in. Good luck!

Good luck! I'd have to move to a hotel until that thing was found. *shudders*

LOL Dean... That's what I would have to do if one of the mice got out!!

Thanks for the advice Elle. We've been looking, with no luck as of yet. We're just hoping to find it before one of the cats do. I would hate for either of them to come to me with this brown fuzzy thing in it's mouth..lol

Don't forget to check inside shoes, closets (including the hanging clothes) and the laundry hamper. She will most likely find a small dark something to climb in. If you get up after everyone is in bed and check the floor with a flashlight, you might find her walking around.

): I would not want to be in your house right now. My brother killed a spider (wolf spider) the size of a tarantula the other night. It was disturbing .... uagh. Good luck on finding your rooose hair though :)

Back