• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

peach hypo what do you think it should be called

Peach hypo what do you think it should be called

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the two females look like the peach and the male that I thought was the hypo lavender bloodred is a hypo lavender. his belly pattren did not appear after the first shed.

Vinman said:
the two females look like the peach and the male that I thought was the hypo lavender bloodred is a hypo lavender. his belly pattren did not appear after the first shed.

I thought you meant you were pretty sure what the genetic make up of the 'peach' corns is..... do you?

Ssthisto said:
But recessive genes don't work like that. Recessive Hypo A (hh) X recessive Hypo A (hh) = 100% recessive Hypo A (hh), barring a spontaneous genetic mutation. Granted, we can't completely discount spontaneous mutation, but if the babies out of 'hypo' parents look like standard non-hypo animals, it's unlikely to be a spontaneous. Better to go with Occam's razor and figure that one parent LOOKS hypo-A-ish in phenotype but isn't homozygous hypo-A in genotype.

Just a thought, and I'm no expert (lol), but could there be some kind of masking going on? Like how caramel is masked by anery.... :shrugs:

Vinman said:
My oppinon still has not change like I said before I think it is a amber lavender

So the stumping discovery of belly pattern on a sibling that made you say that they might just be hypo lavs has been counterfeited?

Blutengel said:
So the stumping discovery of belly pattern on a sibling that made you say that they might just be hypo lavs has been counterfeited?

what are you saying I dont understand ( counterfeited )

I thought I had three hypo lavander blood . One of those turned out just to be a hypo lavender cause the belly pattren did not show up untill after the first shed. The same thing happend to me about 10 years ago to a pattrenless amel I hatched I took 3 sheds befor the pattren showed up .The same thing happend to Larry Keller with one of his amel"s the year before it happend to me.

I mean this; 'Now I dont know what I have could be amber / lavenders , hypo lavenders , or either or both of these with these in the mix two hypo genes and or charcoal. '

This you said after finding out the hypo blood lav is not a blood.....

right being te two female were in shed all three looked a like . now that one of the females shed there is a diffrentance though there is some simalir features there is a diffrentance

these are the two bloodreds that I was talking about thanks Joejr for taking them for me. alsothe last one is a bright hypo female

Attachments

• dark hypo bloodred.jpg
    dark hypo bloodred.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 109
  • hypo blood.jpg
    hypo blood.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 108
  • hypo 2.jpg
    hypo 2.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 108
I don't see anything more than the amount of variability you can get among siblings. I wouldn't suspect by looking at them that they are based on different genes. :shrugs:

You can always test breed them if you want to try to prove it. ;)

cool I just wanted to know what you think. I sold the last pair to my friend tom chang.thank you chuck.

Hmm, looking at the pics again, and the ones Joe added in the other thread, I now wonder if the male is actually a hypo. The saddle color is very dark for a hypo. If this is not a hypo, but instead one of those mostly-hypo-looking mimics (just like I bet the HLB grampa is) it could explain a lot.

I'll try to get some pics tonight of some hatchlings I made this year, which I think would help illustrate the point. :)

this is what I was saying both of these came off my hypo tro and are all sibs. the breeding trio are sibs and they came from the HLB X amber rich got the normal looking ones and I keep the hypos . the dark one looks like a normal hypo it is the light ones that freek me out they are too bright

chuck I faild to tell you they are kinda large now almost 17 " long and had manny sheds. the dark one looks like a normal dark hypo I had these in the past hatch with lighter ones. the last two are super bright The only time I hatched ones this bright is from the clutch from the HLB came out of and his brother The charcoal gost breed back to the mother of both snakes.

Vinman said:
this is what I was saying both of these came off my hypo tro and are all sibs. the breeding trio are sibs and they came from the HLB X amber rich got the normal looking ones and I keep the hypos . the dark one looks like a normal hypo it is the light ones that freek me out they are too bright
The light ones look like all the hypos I've hatched. :santa:

hypo breeding

Just to let you know I have done a test breeding of these snakes it was what looked like to be a phantom carmel x a amber ,I got all carmels and 2 butters I know my amber is hypo A ,so it is fair to say there is another form of hypo here,I have given the whole clutch to another fellow herper who will grow these animals out to further see what will be produced from these animals! :shrugs:

Of course, this year we aquired a few animals to make a Lamber ... Lets see what these produce and have a bit of comparison in the future..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Back