• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Corn Snake photos ONLY, please......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
I've noticed a fair share or non-cornsnake photos being posted here and I'm going to have to start wielding the axe. Especially on those messages where people upload the image to this server, as the database for this forum is getting HUGE. And on top of that, I have to pay the bandwidth each time the image is viewed.

So, not meaning to get people upset or think I'm singling them out for any reason, but I will be going through the old messages and deleting ANY non-cornsnake photo that I find. And new ones will be deleted immediately upon discovery.

After all, this IS a cornsnake ONLY forum, and I want to keep it that way.

Thanks for your understanding.

Don't worry Rich, we totally understand that it is very hard for you to be both working on the corn snakes and keeping this site running. We also understand that this is a corn snake forum and not others so deleting non corn pictures is totally understandable.

And another thing.......

If someone finds a message where the image no longer shows up, please let me know so I can delete it. When people post their photos to a photo hosting service and link to it, there is no guarantee that it will be there forever. So you wind up seeing an entire thread of nothing but blank spots with red 'X's in them.

Heck, didn't I enable all these messages so the owner can edit and delete them at will? If that is so, why maybe you all can police your own messages that way and save me a lot of time. If that option was not enabled, I will do so as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Question?

Hi, Rich, when you say police your own messages, do you mean just the pictures that no longer show up? Or do you mean for us to delete our own old messages? I don't know much about computers, but if you want me to, just let me know how. I can learn. I understand about the pictures, but I don't know how to post pictures yet anyway. When I get my snake, my husband will try to help me post them. Thanks
Monna~~newbie at the computer

Rich,
I took the liberty of deleting all my non-corn snake photos and a few others that seemed to have outlived there use, except one. I think you beat me to it. Happy to help.

Matt L.

I also removed my post.....

with the offending (well, it was a nice pic ;) ) pic.
I love the ability to edit posts.

I think the Corn drawing is OK........

After all it is a Corn snake!

I think it's a great pic of a corn, you've got talent! Keep it up.

As long as the messages themselves are providing information that is not time sensitive and no longer applicable, you do not need to delete them. For instance, if you post a notice about a herp show and the date has already come and gone, then by all means go ahead and delete it for me. But if there is a lively discussion that has developed within that thread, maybe it would be best to leave it. Might mean you will need to make a judgement call. Heck, I can't remember if I gave you all the power to delete entire threads!

Just remember that this board is in place to provide information for all whom seek it. So if your message provides some little nugget of wisdom, then leave it for someone else to stumble across some day. Problems with egg laying, etc., happen every year, year after year.

I didn't think things would get as controversial here as they do on my Board of Inquriy site, so I left these tools (editing and deleting) in place so people can manage their own messages to their own liking. But be careful! If you *oops* one, I can't recover it for you.

Thanks for your help.

This may help

I am new around here and love the place. I have a few corns and just got a friend into corns as well. The pictures are great. One way to alleviate some of bandwidth use on this site and keep costs down would be to get pic posters to use hyperlinks. There are a few really nice sites that allow free photo galleries and are easy to use. It would make it easier to moderate and save alot of time and effort.

http://webshots.com
http://photos.msn.com/

And there are many more available.

Hyperlinks work wonders.

Rich Z said:
As long as the messages themselves are providing information that is not time sensitive and no longer applicable, you do not need to delete them. For instance, if you post a notice about a herp show and the date has already come and gone, then by all means go ahead and delete it for me. But if there is a lively discussion that has developed within that thread, maybe it would be best to leave it. Might mean you will need to make a judgement call. Heck, I can't remember if I gave you all the power to delete entire threads!

You might wanna put that on the Classifieds sections too. For sale/wanted. Then when all the snakes have gone/been acquired, they can just delete the thread instead of just "All sold" - and using up space with any images they might've attached to show off the snakes.

Right, Rich

i only post pics of my corn. but if anyone wants to post non-corn pics they should go to Faunaclassifieds.com and put them there

good site

Nice web site Clint Boyer, I email you with a couple of question. You have a great collection I hope one day I could have one like yours. Do you buy your mice or breed them yourself?

newt

I'll take mine off as well, until I can get some better quality pics. . . Possibly later today. Sorry for the inconvienience, I'm new, but learnig quickly.
Kachunga & Mitchell

i agree, there is no point in you paying for pointless pics if they're nothing to do with corn snakes

help me

i need help, everything u know bout cornsnakes, and r the albino snakes rare, coz i want 1, and i seen a grey and black 1, i like, wat r they called, which is best 4 a beginner male or female, can u give me sum names for snakes

pleez and fanku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back