View Single Post
Old 10-10-2022, 08:16 AM   #3
Caryl
Not dumb questions. Smart questions, actually. You're asking things you want to know before choosing to bring another living thing into your life. Very smart.

I love corn snakes for their beautiful colors and patterns and their personalities. They're quite beautiful, and I love just watching them in their vivs. Their relatively simple needs are a bonus. Pets are a big commitment, and it's nice that snakes are actually relatively inexpensive compared to a dog or cat (both of which I have & love, not dissing.).

I've enjoyed them as personal pets at home. I've also had the pleasure of sharing them with students as classroom pets. I've taken them to large- scale educational events as well. Most corns are pretty sociable. They all enjoy venturing outside, and I enjoy watching them explore the outdoors, always constantly supervised of course.

Mine are all handled regularly. Babies are very active and curious. They love to explore, and they move a lot. Adults are also curious, but they have their own personalities and some are more willing to chill and be fairly still after a few minutes. I've had several who were pretty willing to be calm in a lap or on shoulders for longer periods.

There was one guy who was a student's good luck charm. She always wanted him around her neck for chemistry tests. She said he knew all the answers since he never missed a class. I said he missed every lab and he'd better not tell her any answers anyway or he'd be rotated home, lol. My point is that the snake was willing to just be calm while she worked on her tests, perhaps an hour. I think he was a yearling at the time.

As for affection, hard to say. Your snakes will definitely come to know you. They'll at least appreciate you as a safe, warm "tree" who gives them a chance to explore.

That was long, but I hope it helps. Only you can decide if a corn snake is the right pet for you. I wish you luck.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk