• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Bramble - Sunkissed

hypnoctopus

Olivia Barron
Got this little guy in a lot of non-feeders. He's eaten excellently for me since I got him, never skipped a meal. He did require lizard scent in the beginning, but transitioned off of that pretty quickly.

Attachments

• 20211211_123003.jpg
    20211211_123003.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 20211211_123043.jpg
    20211211_123043.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 73
What type of lizard scenting do you use? There is an abundance of (invasive) Mediterranean geckos where I live. I've always had pretty good luck using them for scent with stubborn babies.

I used both anole and our local fence lizards once I used up the anole. I think I only used anole for this guy though because he was quick to move to unscented pinkies. He's now being stubborn about moving up to the next size, but he finally took a peach fuzzy for the first time tonight.

Ah, thanks. We're contemplating a move to a place without the Mediterranean house geckos. There will be other lizards, as I'm sure there will be other stubborn feeders. (I confess that I don't necessarily think of babies who want to eat lizards as "nonfeeders." In the natural world, lizards would be common prey for them.) I know there's commercial lizard scent, but haven't used it.

Kudos to you for taking on the stubborn ones!

Sent from my LM-X210CM using Tapatalk

I strongly considered buying some lizard juice because one of the babies was stuck on lizard scent for so long, but it's quite pricey. I did also try using a bit of shed from my crested gecko and there was no interest in that. The one who was stuck on lizard scented didn't seem to care which lizard (anole or fence lizard) was scenting the pinkie.

And yes, lizards are the more common prey for baby corns - it's really nice that most babies are willing to take pinkies off the bat!

I was very fortunate this year. I only had one clutch in 2020, and only one baby who initially insisted on lizard scenting.

...it's really nice that most babies are willing to take pinkies off the bat!

Amen to that!!

Sent from my LM-X210CM using Tapatalk

This guy has gotten big! And so orange! Nearly adult size now and starting to develop a bit of the common sunkissed attitude. He hasn't struck at me yet, but has gotten a bit flail-y.

Attachments

• 20230412_104036.jpg
    20230412_104036.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 30
He definitely doesn't look like a baby anymore. Looks brilliant, too. It's interesting to me that he's developing some of the infamous Sunkissed attitude. Thought they had that (or didn't) as babies. I didn't realize it could appear as they grew.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm experiencing that with a couple of mine. My sunkissed anery was perfectly fine as a baby, but has become quite high strung lately.

Back