• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Anerythristic X Caramel???

SickPyth7

Snakes
Everyones probably getting sick of me asking about different combo's! Well after learning from this forum about the results of breeding a Charcoal to an Anerythristic...I decided not to do that. I'm wondering whether or not breeding a Caramel to a Anery or Charcoal would be better? Has is been done? and if so...does anyone have pictures?

Sorry for being a nag...but I love finding out what makes what. This forum is THE best!!!

Thanks for anyones help:)

Well, Anery x Caramel is going to give you normals het for anery and caramel.

I believe you're asking what you get when you have a snake that is homozygous for both traits. Anery overrides caramel.

Well that stinks if Anery overrides Caramel. But how? Anerythristic is lack of red pigment...so it allows yellow. Caramel is high in yellow pigment. I would think it would be an anery with more yellow! I'm not the expert but I would love to know how it would works.

Thanks

I think Rich tried that, somehow he was envisioning a black and yellow corn which would look really cool. If I remember right though they didn't come out like he wanted..

SickPyth7 said:
Well that stinks if Anery overrides Caramel. But how? Anerythristic is lack of red pigment...so it allows yellow. Caramel is high in yellow pigment. I would think it would be an anery with more yellow! I'm not the expert but I would love to know how it would works.

Thanks

You ever seen any red on a caramel before?

I believe that I've read something that Rich wrote that when he discovered the caramel gene he thought about calling it anery C (to go along with A and B (charcoal)) but decided against doing so and actually came up with a name.

Rich has said that he's got double homozygous animals and that caramel is overridden by anery.

I've never done it, so I'm only repeating what he's said a few times.

Well, I have produced Anerythristic Motleys from Caramel Motley parents, so those Anerythristic Motleys HAVE to be homozygous for Caramel. And they are much BLACKER then typical Anerythristic Motleys I have had and seen. No yellow at all on at least the one adult I have. Completely the opposite of what I would have expected.

But then again, yes I did have a project at one time breeding Anerythrism and Caramel together to try to get yellow corns with black blotches on them, and the results were the same as I saw here: Pretty much completely lacking in yellow. So maybe I SHOULD have expected that out of those Anerythristic/Caramel Motleys. BTW, I believe I have some Caramel Motleys her for Anerythrism still remaining if anyone else wants to pursue this project. These were the result of breeding a Caramel Motley to that adult Anerythristic/Caramel Motley I have. I just wanted to be SURE that it was also homozygous for Caramel...... And yes, I got ALL Caramel Motleys as offspring, as best I can recall.

Thank you Rich for the info. Just as you said....I myself pictured a yellow snake with black blotches, its just to bad it doesn't seen to work.

Thanks Again

Back