• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Eye candy for DLena! Coco Chanel and Twister.

Took a brief video of Twister a minute ago, to try and show how s/he moves.

(If you want to change the name or keep it, I don't care either way. I just like to nickname the disadvantaged babies, for the superstition that it gives them a greater will to live. So that's the only reason it got a name from me.)

S/he gets around quite easily as can be seen here! Has eaten once and will be fed again today. Have been feeding pinky heads and though it took a bit of effort, s/he got it past the first kink and down to it's stomach in only a minute or so. I'm thinking it will need to be fed smaller meals more frequently.

I just had to look up Coco Chanel... I live under a rock. It is soft and just glides off the tongue. Good food for thought.

Twister moves really well. Small meals more often isn't a problem. I've got Layne Labs... Everything from day old pinks through large mice. Thank you for the video. He's beautiful in the sunlight. I like his name. It fits him. You're brave to let him in the grass. I worry about losing my 100g squiggles in the lawn. Now I'm considering Coco Chanel for the AHS.

Just ate another head. He takes it off the tongs, though it took 4 times for him to bite it and not drop it this time. S/he is exactly like it's mom and rattles it's tail the entire time it's eating, so cute!

I think that tail rattle is because they get so excited to eat. Pernix does that while crushing the dead mouse even more dead. If he was an Anaconda, he'd be the most feared creature in the jungle. Alas for him, he's just a cute little corn in Kenmore NY. Lol

Twister does move really well. He's such a cutie! I'm glad he's thriving and making progress. Your little guy is precious DLena :) he'll have a great life with you.

Tavia, I think it's awesome that you take the time to post photos and videos for expecting snake parents!

Twister just took and got down a whole, tiny, day old F/T, the smallest one I could find!

Unfortunately, it's still beastly hot here in the current forecast, upper 90s. I could normally sneak them out even so, as we usually cool off overnight and they wouldn't start their journey until after 6 pm but the immediate next hub they'd go to is over 100 this week and doesn't cool off as much as we do.

I can wait for them. They are precious cargo, Tavia. He took a whole pinkie? (Squeal of delight over here!) Thank You for all your time and efforts with Twister. I know it is time consuming and he's not an "award winner" but he took a piece of my heart when I saw him, and I truly value and appreciate you for this.

What beautiful babies!!! I LOVE AHS and I think they are what got me over my initial "fear" of snakes, just by googling them and researching them. I wanted to get one of those initially but ended up getting *the* cutest little pink worm from a local ma and pa petstore many moons ago (i.e. snow corn) and had him for a while until he passed away unexpectedly...now I have the crew I have now and am seriously entertaining the thought of picking up a super cute sunset hog from a gal over on iHerp!

Doing good, Twister has had another whole pink and Coco Chanel had her first peach fuzzy.

Last edited:
Took some pictures of a number of the critters waiting to be shipped today. First up is Twister.

DSC_8894_zpspp1k7yhs.jpg

DSC_8895_zps3rh1m3cj.jpg

DSC_8897_zpsn4kdaotw.jpg

DSC_8898_zps2kax6ufz.jpg

DSC_8899_zps0zfaqy9s.jpg

DSC_8900_zpsyaj4kmkh.jpg

DSC_8901_zpsmvp1pmon.jpg

DSC_8902_zpsvfu5od7i.jpg

DSC_8903_zpsvwgvkea7.jpg

DSC_8904_zpsc5wevqkz.jpg

DSC_8905_zpsumi626mj.jpg

DSC_8906_zpsn8igscnh.jpg

His head stamp in that last picture is really nice, and so are his side tessellations. He looks like he's putting on some size, and those kinks aren't stopping him at all! You are a maven with snakes, Tavia. ;)

That tail-flip is just too much! She is just one gorgeous girl. Her colors are so ...I don't know.. Smooth and creamy looking. And her face freckles are cute.
The two of them have given me smiles big enough to easily last all week! (Squeal)

P.S. I just scrolled up and see all the Twister pics. He's one handsome little tessera. He's just adorable.

Back