• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Broken tail

Annnnnd she gobbled up her fuzzie! :eatpointe Booya!

We bought 4 fuzzies, so she's successfully eaten 2 now, should we just offer her another one in 5 days or go up to the hopper? I don't want to rush her.

I'll put pics of her tail soon & it looks pretty good, I wonder if we can start putting aspen back in there or continue with the paper towel for a bit longer since it also makes it easier to see when she poops.

The bit where the stitch is (on the very tip) seems to be the only area that retained.
0441_zps1bec550b.jpg

0417closeup_zps8a761a44.jpg

It's great to see that she is doing so well! How long until she can get that stitch out. Seems like anything it would have been holding shut should have healed by now.

Stitch removal booked for either the first or the second week of April. She's healing so well that I'm wondering if it's worth going. I can easily remove stitch myself, wouldn't be the first time. The one on the side came off during the shed 2 weeks ago.

We removed the stitch this morning (yes cancelled last night's vet appointment. Didn't see a need to go) & her tail looks amazing! She's just come out of a really deep blue phase (she was almost black she was so dark), so hopefully a nice full shed in a few days.

She has good strength over all & has full use of her tail (what's left of it) which I am pleased about. Her appetite is back to where it should be. She's been back on her routine for the past 3 weeks with no issues & went back on hoppers last week. We were supposed to feed her on Monday but she was so blue we decided to wait until she sheds.

I'll post a close up shot of her tail as soon as she sheds.

Thank you so much for your support guys! It was appreciated. :cheers:

Awesome!

this is all such great news! I have been following this thread since the start, and you guys have done sooo well with her!
She looks 1000x better then she did before!

I can't wait for more update photo's!

Here we go...
April 12

Right: enhanced so you can see where the scar is. That's where there was flesh missing.

Not enhanced. Unless you know something was done, you can't really tell first glance.

Left

Under

And just because she's so darn cute!:cool:

Back