• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Don't have right sized food

sver

have a juvenile corn snake, about 8 months old and 23.5 grams. ive been feeding regularly with pinkies but i probably should move to something bigger soon. may be a really obvious question but as i dont have access to small fuzzies and regular fuzzies are too large, would it be better to feed it pinkies at shorter intervals (and if so how often) or is it okay to try two pinkies in one feeding session?

You should definitely at least be feeding two pinkies of 2-3 g each weekly. The usual point to move up to fuzzies is around 24 g. Different providers have different ideas on what's a small or large fuzzy (or other class) but a 24 g snake can easily handle a 5-7 g fuzzy. You should try to find fuzzies because the nutritional value is different than with pinkies. There's more calcium, for one thing, which is very important for your snake's proper growth.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

I agree with Caryl. I would double up on pinkies for now until you use up whatever you have left. If you can weigh the fuzzies, that would help. He can handle one that's around 5-7 grams. They can eat a much larger meal than it looks like they can handle.

Back