• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Underweight feeding

11malibu

How often should an underweight snake be fed? She ate a small rat on the 18th. She is 3 years old and now weighs 1090 grams compared to the 1140 grams she weighed a month ago (which she was also underweight then). I think 7-8 days is a good enough time between meals but was looking for other opinions. I only worry because she regurgitated in the past month.

There is a general section but I put this here because it is the feeding/health issues section.

This site was created for corn snake questions, and the "General" section allows you to talk about anything un-corn related. If you have a question about a different type of snake I would Google it and try to find a board specifically for your breed. If everyone made posts about all their reptiles it would cease a lot of traffic that are here for corn snakes only.

Good luck!

yes, that's true, but it isn't a good practice. I do it sometimes too. Eeep! I'd suggest feeding every 10 to 14 days until your snake starts to have the proper body shape, at which point you can switch to 14-21 days between feedings. remember that some are just skinnier no matter what.

Back