• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2009 Yahoo - Pro Football Pickem - Contest - Prizes

Update

It's getting close. 6 more days and there's still 18 spots open.

The Hypo Lavender Stripe I had set aside for this contest ended up having spinal kinks and was put down. My Hypo Lavender Bloodreds hatched so I'm putting up two males for the contest.

This is going to be fun! Don't forget to make your picks before the first game next week on 9/10.

already got my picks up. im excited for this. first pickum league ive ever been in. too bad that kid got banned that wanted a cheap snake. this coulda been a good opportunity.

LOL... I AM tempted to go ahead and pick the whole SEASON's worth of games just so that I can be sure NOT to have a "blank" week. Recovering from one missed week last year (joined late) proved to be too difficult.

LOL... I AM tempted to go ahead and pick the whole SEASON's worth of games just so that I can be sure NOT to have a "blank" week. Recovering from one missed week last year (joined late) proved to be too difficult.
I usually pick the favorites for two weeks in advance, save, and then come back and edit my picks when I have time for the same reason... just in case. If you did it for the entire season you might not get as good picks if you forgot because the favorites change week to week.

Two more days and the signups will be closed!!!
I'm closing the signups at 12 P.M. Pacific time (3 P.M. Eastern time) Thursday 9/10.

Here's a list of everyone that has signed up so far:

1 VinnyJ
2 michael823
3 The_Thunderer
4 Cornsnake124
5 gimpsnakelvr
6 Ricky87
7 ZoologyGirl
8 RobbiesCornField
9 Chris Olson
10 Drizzt80
11 ArpeggioAngel
12 Rich in KY
13 Suzy
14 airenlow
15 CaptBogart
16 Crouses Corns
17 starsevol
18 Hallie
19 blueapplepaste
20 whippet
21 Deprived Snake Lover
22 lennycorn
23 Iguanagirl8662
24 Mike17L
25 Darcpixie
26 pwargcm
27 icepick
28 kzr22
29 mynamesrick
30 Kadaysa
31 EMANON
32 XCIN

18 more spots left and only 2 more days to sign up!!!

Just post here stating you want in and I'll send you an invite for the contest.

With injuries, surprise teams, etc... I would think missing a week would prove less detrimental overall than making picks on the full season now.
I'll get my picks in tonight, but I am still having a tough time deciding between a couple of games. Factoring in home field advantage, underrated, and overrated teams, I think I'll need a little more time to think them out.

Good luck everyone! Hopefully others join soon. This should be quite a season.

Okay, because I'm such a nice guy, I figured I'd help the rest of you losers out. Here's my picks follow along, and at least you can stay tied with the leader of the pack . . . me!

D80

Thursday, September 10
Tennessee at Pittsburgh (8:30 PM) Pittsburgh, DUH!

Sunday, September 13
Denver at Cincinnati (1:00 PM) Denver all the way, get your Orton neck beard on!!

Jacksonville at Indianapolis (1:00 PM) Indy DUH!!

Kansas City at Baltimore (1:00 PM) KC, baltimore has no D, plus Mikael's a fan of baltimore

N.Y. Jets at Houston (1:00 PM) Da'Bears. Seriously.

Miami at Atlanta (1:00 PM) Miami. Upset special.

Detroit at New Orleans (1:00 PM) NO, 3 words-Reggie Bush draft flop!

Philadelphia at Carolina (1:00 PM) Da'Bears. DUH!!!

Dallas at Tampa Bay (1:00 PM) go with the Bucs and take the points!

Minnesota at Cleveland (1:00 PM) Fava-beans is the savior!

St. Louis at Seattle (4:15 PM) You guessed it, Da'Bears!!! and you can give the other team 40 points to start off!!!

Washington at N.Y. Giants (4:15 PM) Tie game. Pick either one.

San Francisco at Arizona (4:15 PM) San Fran. Singletary is the new Ditka (Ditka not Butkus . . . what was I thinking?!?!)

Chicago at Green Bay (8:30 PM) Green Bay all the way. DUH!!!!!

Monday, September 14
Buffalo at New England (7:00 PM) Buffalo. NE doesn't stand a chance against TO and their KAO!!

San Diego at Oakland (10:15 PM) Oakland. Never pick against the Raiders at home unless they're playin' Da'Bears!!!!

Glad I could be of service.
D80

Last edited:
Pick 'em. You'll see. I won it all last year with this method. Lead, follow or get out of the way!!

D80

you pick some crazy upsets....but with your accuracy last year it's hard to go against you. Yet I still did on a few. I'm not too confident.

OH MY GOD!!! You did not pick KC over Baltimore? I'm really confused here though, some of your picks make it seem like you are trying to throw the lesser experienced fans off a bit. Are you naming those picks to throw people off? Or do you really think some of these teams will win. I know, I know, Da Bears, but you picked them in multiple games *nods head*.

I'll put my picks up in a minute!

Alright, this is where I'm at. I don't want to divulge my picks, but I will share the games that I'm finding difficult to decide a winner.

Denver @ Cincinnati - I'm so confused what A Cutlerless Broncos team will look like, and although Orton is a decent winner, he will be without the suspended WR Brandon Marshall. The Bengals are also a big ?, as Palmer hasn't had much success in recent years due to injury, and they are now without O-lineman A.Smith (injury), Stacie Andrews (free agency), and WR Houshmandzedah (free agency). Not to mention a poor Defense, and insufficient run game.

Philadelphia @ Carolina - I like Philly, but Carolina is good at home, and has a great run game.

New York Jets @ Houston - I like NY's run game and Defense, but am very unsure about the QB situation. Houston is decent, but still has some major gaps to fill.

Washington @ New York Giants - Like NY, but am unsure what Eli will do without Burress? Plus Was has a great Defense now, and that will certainly cause some problems for NY.

Chicago @ Green Bay - I like GB, especially at home, but the Bears are always a threat defensively, and now have Cutler at QB.

Just pointing out some games I'm still undecided. Perhaps Drizzt can shed some expert analysis, but I'm still not sure who I'll pick.

With injuries, surprise teams, etc... I would think missing a week would prove less detrimental overall than making picks on the full season now.
Rank Pick Set Name Total Points
1 Drizzt80 169
2 Cornsnake124 167
3 ArpeggioAngel 159
4 Emanon 155
5 VinnyJ 153
5 The_Thunderer 153
7 Dave123 70
8 RIch in KY 48
9 tstephe3 28

NOPE.... Look at last year's final score... I missed ONE week and it meant everything. 16 games a week and I was ONLY 1 week behind Brent (153 + 16 = 169). I'm not saying that I would have won if I had started that week, but I would have been CLOSER. LOL.

How many people played last year. I see around 140 points seperate 1st from 9th...that seems steep. Were there less people last year?

How many people played last year. I see around 140 points seperate 1st from 9th...that seems steep. Were there less people last year?

That was it... 9 people. There weren't any prizes involved so it was a much smaller group. Some people came in late and others gave up after missing a week thinking there was no chance to catch up. Even if you missed a week there's always a chance to make it up.... you just need some luck and prayers. This year should be really fun with 30+ people playing.

NOPE.... Look at last year's final score... I missed ONE week and it meant everything. 16 games a week and I was ONLY 1 week behind Brent (153 + 16 = 169). I'm not saying that I would have won if I had started that week, but I would have been CLOSER. LOL.
Oh wow! You sure were in the running last year. I wonder what the spread will look like this year? It seems like picking the popular teams can keep some from falling so far behind, even if they know little about predicting the right winners, so I'm sure that this will be quite the challenge to win.

That was it... 9 people. There weren't any prizes involved so it was a much smaller group. Some people came in late and others gave up after missing a week thinking there was no chance to catch up. Even if you missed a week there's always a chance to make it up.... you just need some luck and prayers. This year should be really fun with 30+ people playing.
AND... some folks looked like they quit picking after they fell behind. I know I was "tempted" to just let it go... but I'm kinda stubborn like that. LOL. :)

16 games a week and I was ONLY 1 week behind Brent (153 + 16 = 169).
You keep telling yourself that!! Whatever makes you feel better. I woulda given you two extra weeks if you'd asked . . . and still beat you. :nyah:

How many people played last year. I see around 140 points seperate 1st from 9th...
I think I even fronted everyone 100 points to start off last year. Can't recall . . . :cool:

That was it... 9 people.
. . .
This year should be really fun with 30+ people playing.
Yeah! Couldn't agree more! Beating 29+ people is going to be so much sweeter than beating 8 people. :poke:

:dgrin:
D80

Back