• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2009 Yahoo - Pro Football Pickem - Contest - Prizes

VinnyJ

Red Chin Eastern Indigo
It's that time of year again. Time to pick each weeks winning NFL football teams... or at least who YOU THINK is going to win. This contest is Free to play and there is room for 50 people.

For those that have never played this is how it works:

1. You post in this thread that you want to play
  2. I'll PM you instructions on how to join the 2009 Yahoo Pro Football Pickem league
  3. You create an account with the given instructions
  4. Each week you pick the NFL teams you think will win.
  5. At the end of the regular NFL season 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (Maybe 4th) place will win a prize for picking the most games correct. There are tie breakers in place in case of a tie.
Rules

1. You must have a join date before the start date of this thread (to prevent anyone from joining just to win a prize).
  2. If you get banned from cornsnakes.com you are banned from this contest.
  3. After the regular season the person in 1st place gets his/her choice of prizes, 2nd chooses next, and so on.
  4. I reserve the right to substitute prizes if for some reason I cannot deliver one of the listed prizes. (Example:Animal dies,escapes,won't eat,didn't hatch).
  5. Winners pay for shipping.
  6. Anyone can play but I will only ship to the lower 48 states.
  7. Money for shipping must be recieved no later than 2 weeks after the end of the regular NFL season.
  8. If for some reason a winner can't or doesn't want to take delivery of a prize within one month of the contest being over the prize goes to the next person in line. (this does not include delays due to weather conditions)
  9. I will be playing but keeping none of the prizes.
  10. I reserve the right to change or modify the rules.
  11. Picks for the entire week must be completed and saved no later than 5 mins before the first game of the week (watch out for those Thursday games).
  12. If for some reason your picks didn't show up and you loose all your matches for the week there is nothing I can do about that. Please save your picks and review them to make sure they saved correctly.
Prizes

1. 09 0.0.1 Hypo Lav Blood
  2. 09 0.0.1 Hypo Lav Stripe
  3. 09 1.0.0 Butter Stripe
  4. 09 1.1.0 Normal het Amel, Anery, Cinder, Hypo PH Stripe
Volunteer needed
I need a volunteer to post the overall results to this thread every Tuesday morning. Please let me know if you would like to do this.

Last edited:
I am so interested. I love football, and would love to be involved in a pick em league. If you need someone to help out posting results, I am more than willing to do so. I just need to know the basics, because I have not been a part of any fantasy football or pick em type leagues.

PMs sent

If you need someone to help out posting results, I am more than willing to do so. I just need to know the basics, because I have not been a part of any fantasy football or pick em type leagues.
Thanks for volunteering. I might designate a few people actually just in case someone is busy and can't get to it. I'll probably do it the first week just to show everyone what to post.

If there's still room, I would love to join. I am ecstatic for this season, and this sounds like it will be loads of fun. Thanks you much Vinny!.

I'll join. Sounds fun. And I'm super unlucky at this kind of stuff so that guarantees everyone a spot ahead of me :laugh:

I have a good feeling about this!. I haven't ever kept track of my game picking, but I think I'm ready this year to predict a few. It's just very hard in the NFL, because teams come out of nowhere, but I'll give it my best. Good luck everyone, and GO RAVENS!!. (Still have a hunch the Steelers will repeat, though!.).

How many can join??? Should a spot be reserved for Brent? He was with us last year.

Well, I guess he can see this as well as anyone else.

How many can join??? Should a spot be reserved for Brent? He was with us last year.

Well, I guess he can see this as well as anyone else.
We can have up to 50 people so we're not even close. I already sent Brent an invite since he was last years Champion.

Back