• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Luna - LTR Progression Thread

The_Thunderer

I decided that since I couldn't "fix" the title to Luna's previous thread, I'd create a "real" progression thread for her. Here she is in all her "white-snake" glory!

9/27/2009
DSC00380.jpg

She's tiny and ALREADY giving me the "stink eye".
DSC00377.jpg

I should have posted this first... This is how she looked when I first got her home. LOL. Typical LTR.
DSC00362.jpg

This is on my daughter's birthday - 10/08/2008.
DSC00569.jpg

Why am I repeating photos??? LOL...

Here are photos of her on 9/22/2009 - weighing and eating time!
Sorry, they're all of her in her weighing tub... LOL.
DSC02848.jpg

She's weighing in at 155 grams now.
DSC02849.jpg

How can something so pretty be so MEAN sometimes?
DSC02854.jpg

Last pic... Say "Goodnight Luna!"
DSC02863.jpg

Thanks for looking. Sorry you had to look at 2 threads to get an update on her. Her future updates will be right here. :D

Thanks, guys! I know those pics don't necessarily hold up to the "update" standard... but they're something! I wish I had taken pics of her eating. To me, there's nothing quite like an LTR eating. They kinda remind me of the huge worms in the movie Dune! LOL.

Oh Fred! I love how her eyes are dark even though she's so light! How old is she?

You, sir, have got to STOP showing me all of your pretty snakes; I keep seeing more and more that I like and my list of 'wants' is growing every time I talk to you! ;) Pretty soon, even Sheldon will be telling me that I can't get as many as I'm looking at.

ROFLOL! Thanks for loving on Luna!

And I think what I have is pretty tame. You really need to look around. CaptBogart has some BEAUTIFUL Florida Kings (brooksi), Kokopelli, Elle, Robbie, Becky and others have some GORGEOUS boas. Meg F has pretty ATB's (I think that's what they are). David has a really great looking Herald's snake and an awesome king rat as well as a TBS, like you do. NANCI has some corns to die for. Your list will be never ending! :D

That being said... after you get your Black Milk... have Sheldon get an LTR! :p

Oh, BTW, did you see my updated THIS? You liked Shazam... meet the other two!

ROFLOL! And I think what I have is pretty tame. You really need to look around. CaptBogart has some BEAUTIFUL Florida Kings (brooksi), Kokopelli, Elle, Robbie, Becky and others have some GORGEOUS boas. Meg F has pretty ATB's (I think that's what they are). David has a really great looking Herald's snake and an awesome king rat as well as a TBS, like you do. NANCI has some corns to die for. Your list will be never ending! :D

That being said... after you get your Black Milk... have Sheldon get an LTR! :p

Oh, BTW, did you see my updated THIS? You liked Shazam... meet the other two!

I did see Solstice and Eclipse. It's neat how Shazam is still so colorful and Solstice is getting so dark.

I have been looking around and found these coral ghosts and salmon snows...pink snakes! Sheldon keeps telling me he doesn't like the pale pink ones, but these ones were so bright! However, I'm going to shield my eyes from any other pretty snakes until Scarlett gets big. [that's what I'm maintaining...I'm sure once we go to our show in the next two weeks, that statement will be obsolete]

Going to bed now, Fred - have a wonderful night and as always - thanks for the laughs and the pretty snakes!

Oh, I neglected to mention. While I bought Luna in September 2008, I think she was either a late 2007 or an early 2008 hatchling. She's BIG now at a nice fat 155 grams!

G'night, Katie!

Oh, I neglected to mention. While I bought Luna in September 2008, I think she was either a late 2007 or an early 2008 hatchling. She's BIG now at a nice fat 155 grams!

G'night, Katie!

Neato! :)
You know, roughly 6 months ago when I took my LTR to his surgery I weighted him for the first time, we needed to figure the dosage for the anesthetics- he was -500- grams!
Since then though, he actually grew so... they get big, just brace yourself :santa:

How's the little doll's temper?
Looking good :)

Fred I won't lie or beat around the bush. I typiclly really dislike the look of albino snakes or really pale colored snakes ( i think they look like they are sick and about to die) BUT THIS... I don't know if it the striking 100% white with no pattern, the sharp contrast of the black eyes or what. But this is pretty much the first white snake that I absolutely adore the look of. Instead of being pale and leached of pigment...she looks like she is painted white. Good job sir at adding yet something new to my "want list". Thanks bud just what I needed. :)

PS Whats worse is when you show something that Katie and I agree with. Then there is no one saying well... lets wait. LOL

She is a beautiful snake, such big pretty eyes =)
Why Luna thanks you!!

Neato! :)
You know, roughly 6 months ago when I took my LTR to his surgery I weighted him for the first time, we needed to figure the dosage for the anesthetics- he was -500- grams!
Since then though, he actually grew so... they get big, just brace yourself :santa:
How's the little doll's temper?
Looking good :)
Wow, Oren. It seems like so much longer ago when you took your LTR in for his surgery... You sure it wasn't more like a whole year... and a half ago???

He IS a big boy... My biggest corn is almost 600 grams... so I can imagine what he would be at 500 grams. Probably a good bit leaner and longer though. More like my VBB I'm guessing.

As for her temper. She was pretty pissy this last feeding... but settled down nicely. Still musked a bit, but was, overall, pretty good. Spending more time with her seems like it has been working.

Since you own one... have you noticed that for a snake of her size, they tend to eat much BIGGER meals than the equivalently sized "other" colubrids? At 155 grams, she can eat an adult mouse... quite easily. My corns about the same size can eat weanlings pretty well, but have a hard time with adult mice. What do you feed Shalgon at his 500+ grams?

Fred I won't lie or beat around the bush. I typiclly really dislike the look of albino snakes or really pale colored snakes ( i think they look like they are sick and about to die) BUT THIS... I don't know if it the striking 100% white with no pattern, the sharp contrast of the black eyes or what. But this is pretty much the first white snake that I absolutely adore the look of. Instead of being pale and leached of pigment...she looks like she is painted white. Good job sir at adding yet something new to my "want list". Thanks bud just what I needed. :)

PS Whats worse is when you show something that Katie and I agree with. Then there is no one saying well... lets wait. LOL

Thanks for the nice comments about Luna!

Oh, yeah. I know what you mean. Sometimes, I let my guard down and just marvel at her perfectly white scales (I have yet to find that random "orange" scale that some have). But she quickly brings me back to reality. LOL.

As for the "want list"... You should see mine! :D

I doubt it's been a year and a half ago... Gosh I don't know anymore, but I doubt it... he couldn't have possibly weighted 500 grams at a year and a half of age...
Now he is roughly 3... 3.5 old.
Ermmm, well he gets a 5-6 weeks old rat(which is almost the equivalent of 3-4 large adult mice) every 2 weeks or so. He is still quite the big boy for his age, and quite thick.
I think that all Pantherophis seem to have a far easier time feeding on bigger sized prey than Lampropeltis colubrids... Corns seem to tackle bigger prey than california kings of the same size for instance.
LTR's naturally will be able to take on bigger prey... they get larger than many if not most colubrids.
I imagine that now he weights 600 if not 700+ grams...
He definitely became bigger since surgery...
I should and would have taken him out for a photoshoot but I don't have a backyard and I really can't just go out to the street with a snake on me- that won't bode well for anyone.

When they feed and immediately after, they will usually be slightly pissy- that's true for most snakes, even the calmest of the bunch.

I’ve got a beaut LTR .. perfectly Platinum in colour .

Probably a couple of years old and 3 foot long..

Still tries to bite me when I get him out !!

How do I tame it ?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back