• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

=Graphic! DIE bicephalic Tessera corn=

Tavia

Elemental Exotics
The 7th egg in the 2016 Viper x Fiona clutch started growing a tiny halo of mold, so I decided it was probably dead and to cut it. When I did, I could tell it was indeed dead, so removed it from the egg. It was a very late term two faced Tessera.

This is why you shouldn't cut eggs if you are squeamish!
But I found it fascinating and am always relieved when there is a very obvious and reasonable reason for a baby not to make it out of the egg, such as this case.

DSC_8726_zpsa36e0knm.jpg

DSC_8727_zpsblcfm0xa.jpg

DSC_8728_zpslzmaxkws.jpg

DSC_8729_zpstndjvboz.jpg

DSC_8730_zpseljohxjn.jpg

DSC_8731_zpsd4ac5oym.jpg

Such a shame to see a beautiful little sneaky one who never got to even take in one breath of air! But you have a good point, some things were just never meant to be and, as in this case, the outcome was merciful on Mother Nature's part, who has a tendency to be cold and remorseless!!

But a question: How do you know when to cut into an egg shell? As most who frequent this forum know, I've got a clutch hatching since Monday and while 3 out of 4 left look OK, one egg looks a little discolored and is caving in since Tuesday but has not been breached. Wondering if I should help it along, though for now I'll leave it and just check again in the morning.

Thanx for sharing Tavia!! (When I first saw this thread, I thought I had that slight feeling of Voux Ja' De' - like NONE of the EVER HAPPENED BEFORE!! Or is it De Ja Voux, like something like this happened already? I don't know! Arrgghhhh!!) :headbang:

Back