• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Where to find herp stores up north?

ArpeggioAngel

Around Here Somewhere....
I posted this once before and didn't have a lot of feedback so thought I might try again. Joe (CaptBogart) and I will be driving to Cleveland in July for vacation. Hoping that there might be herp shops in the area we might be able to check out? Actually, if anyone has any suggestions for anything off of I-75 anywhere between Tampa and Cincinnati and then anything in the greater Cleveland area? Could be as far south as Columbus, west to the Sandusky/Toledo area, even possibly as far east as Buffalo/Pittsburgh? We were thinking about checking out the show in Grand Rapids but they don't look like they are going to have a big turn out of vendors.
I did find one shop in Parma, OH. the last time I was there that I was planning on stopping at again but if anyone has any other places they could recommend...always looking for a new shop to check out!! :)

I'm in Columbus and this place is pretty barren when it comes to reptile shops. There's a store called Captive Born Reptiles. But don't bother with it.

Slippery Ernie said:
I'm in Columbus and this place is pretty barren when it comes to reptile shops. There's a store called Captive Born Reptiles. But don't bother with it.

Thanks for the info. It was the one place up north that I found a website for and was thinking of checking out.

They have a decent number of snakes. But their husbandry is downright sad. Alligators in aquariums so small they can't turn around. Anacondas with shedding problems and no water in the viv. They have quite a few large snakes actually. Mostly retics and burms. But they ALL have shedding problems.

That, and the overwhelming amount of ammonia hanging in the air due to the lack of care they provide their feeder animal colonies. The place smells worse than an outhouse at times.

You would be better off visiting the Columbus zoo. They don't have much, but at least it's respectible.

Oh, and there is a reptile expo in Columbus every month. You might hit it if you time it right. Its the All Ohio Reptile Show. I don't remember where the link is... But there's usually a good number of snakes to check out.

Yeah, I had found both of those online before and was hoping my trip might fall around one of them but it doesn't look like it. At least not this time.

Back