• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

new little buddy

junior10

my daughter and i picked up a baby corn snake from the lps 3 days ago and have been tweaking the tank temps to get what we think is right. we tried our first feeding tonight(small pinkie brained) and clementine made 4 or 5 good strikes at it but didn't get it down. so we put the pinkie on a tiny dish and placed it in the hide. came back 1hr later and there was a pinkie size lump in clementine's tummy:eatsmiley. we were super happy to have this little guy feed and look forward to handling her next weekend.

lost and found

clementine got out of her cage sometime last night and didn't notice until 5pm this afternoon. completely cleaned out the cage just incase, no snake. we searched high and low with no luck. today was feeding day so we warmed up a pinkie, put the viv on the floor, opened it up with the pinkie inside. 15 min later there's a baby cornsnake eating a pinkie inside the viv. so everybody is happy and were they belong.:eek:k_01:

Oh yikes! Did you figure out how she got out? Because if she did it once, I guarantee she will do it again. Was she possibly inside a piece of decor or a hide? There's this one twisty log that babies can notoriously squeeze into where you can't find them.

can only guess she got out thru the teeeny hole the temp prob comes thru. we covered the whole back top of the viv so there's no way that will be an issue.

Good call hypno, clementine was definitely hiding inside a branch in a ceramic log the whole time. I know this because my daughter woke me up to tell me she escaped again. That’s when I took a much closer look in that log and there she was.:face_palm_02:

Aha! Little stinker! They do love to squeeze into tiny tight areas. At least now you know your enclosure doesn't have an escape point.

feeding big cheese rodent factory

so now that i have all her hiding spots figured out i was looking at getting bulk frozen mice. i think large pinkies(50 count) and fuzzys (50 count) would last at least a year. my question is do you think they'll last long enough in the freezer and is that to much?

For a single snake, she probably won't eat 50 pinkies before needing to move up to fuzzies. But yes, especially if you have a deep freezer, they can last a year. They might get a bit freezer burnt over time, but my snakes have never seemed to care.

Back