• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Frosted

kenywi

I've heard of frosted and wanted to make sure I understood. I have a few hypo's that I would say are frosted. Please correct me if I'm mistake. Here is a pic of my best one. Now its the white "ticking" in the saddle that makes if frosted correct?

Thank you Marsha for this beautiful boy.

Well I can't get the photo uploaded says its to big and I don't know how to resize it. Tried croping it but that didn't work. <sigh>

Ok well I got it downloaded to my picture file not sure why there and not directly on the thread
album.php

Thanks I think I have a few frosteds in my group. I love the look. Zoot is a favorite of mine as well. He will be breeding next year and I have some beautiful girls lined up for him. Been working with Marsha and another friend of mine in Ca on some mutual projects then I have a few of my own that I can't wait to see how it goes. :)

HMMM I look forward to seeing those babies. I love how they look but haven't invested the money into one yet.

I am personally very careful calling anything frosted. Yes, it is a selectively bred look in corn snakes, but it is usually a more extreme "whitening" of the saddle color. Your hypo shows a more common look found in many corns. Also, many frosted corns are actually hybrids with a gray rat snake.

I am personally very careful calling anything frosted. Yes, it is a selectively bred look in corn snakes, but it is usually a more extreme "whitening" of the saddle color. Your hypo shows a more common look found in many corns. Also, many frosted corns are actually hybrids with a gray rat snake.

Oh WOW, I did not know that. That explains a lot for me. Thank you so much for sharing that.

Yep, I have a breeding pair of frosted hybrids and some of their babies. It has to be extreme frosting on a pure corn before it should be called 'frosted'

Here is a couple pics of my hybrid frosted babies from back in 09. I also have a frosted amel corn (100% corn) but those pics are on my lap top which my hubby broke! lol

Attachments

• 2009_10050003.JPG
    2009_10050003.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 2010_02150023.JPG
    2010_02150023.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 65
This is my baby frosted baby. I had always wondered if there might have been rat snake in her just by the shape of her head. She just looks a little more rat snake in the face. :shrugs: Not to mention that she grew like a weed. She was 3 feet by the time that she was a year and I bred her this year and her babies hatched mid to late july (have to look at records for exact date) but they are already eating fuzzies when the other hatchlings I have are either still on pinkies or pinky in a half. And I feed every 7 days since it is just easier for me. This is just awesome I love learning new stuff.

Attachments

• user22307_pic7301_1288210965.jpg
    user22307_pic7301_1288210965.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 42
Thanks for the info Susan and AWESOME pics SS1. I have a butter that looks like one of the frosted babies in your pic. So I know my guys are all corns and not hybrids but they sure have a very cool look to them. I'm gonna keep trying to breed for it as I think it really sets them off. Been to a number of shows, breeders and looked all over online and I hadn't see any pics like my "frosted" other then in Bill and Cathy Loves book on page 205.

Gonna add a pic of the butter I mentions and also have a neon coral that has that look at well that I'm adding a pic of, if I can get the little snot to hold still long enough LOL.

WOW, SinisterSerpents...those eyes!

Yes they are wicked looking! I love them. The one pictured by her self is Joscelyn. I have her for sale, but just as a pet for the fact that she has a slight kink behind her 'neck' and she use to have what I'd call a slight waterhead, but its hardly noticible now. She was one of the runts, but eats like a champ and is well on her way! Every year I look foward to these babies!! Thanks for the comment.

Back