• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Morph??

hprice93

Hey everyone!

Just wondering if I was correct In thinking my guy is a sunglow??

I originally thought amel but he's not got any white around his saddles and not git black around them either, he has a white belly with orange patches. A red eye with dark red pupil.

c402bb67d5c0f4414dcf4ba20d0b667a.jpg
fa042d4f773c9d2290e5d56cd1f97900.jpg
a28ad26f2f42719fadff192db2ae69a7.jpg

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Your guy is somewhat underweight and being in less than ideal condition can affect color to some degree. That said, at this moment, I'd say he's a really nice amel but doesn't have the real saturation that I feel is important to the label of sunglow.

Is this the little baby you had in February? He's sure grown! But he's quite skinny. And it looks like his tail has recovered, that's great!

This is a new boy I was given a week ago. Poor guy is 2 years old and not been Handled for those 2 years He also has spent those 2 years in a 2ft viv. He'a now in a nice big viv and being fed up gradually.

Is this the little baby you had in February? He's sure grown! But he's quite skinny. And it looks like his tail has recovered, that's great!
In regards to his tail, he now has full use of it but it has a slight kink in it now

This is a new boy I was given a week ago. Poor guy is 2 years old and not been Handled for those 2 years He also has spent those 2 years in a 2ft viv. He'a now in a nice big viv and being fed up gradually.

Oh that's great that you're taking him then. My first thought when I saw him was that he looked like a rescue, but didn't want to assume. Poor guy looks so hungry, I'm glad he's in better care now.

In regards to his tail, he now has full use of it but it has a slight kink in it now

Glad to hear he's doing okay as well, and that his tail recovered. :)

In my opinion sunglow is a amel motley selectiv breeding
because the motley pattern lighten up and reduce the white - so it appears to 'glow'

this is was i learnd years ago ...but things changes

What I see is a nice but slender amel and amel means there is no black.
Amel morphs comes tru so many facettes...one have white, one are more red, one are more orange ...
best you can do is to see on http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/?m=amelanistic how different amel can be
;)

Did they put him through brumation? Might explain why he looks kind of skinny.
No they haven't handled him in 2 years just think they wasn't feeding him the right size at the right intervals

Oh! So much better already! Great job! He looks well on his way to being nice and healthy. Are you planning to keep him?

Oh! So much better already! Great job! He looks well on his way to being nice and healthy. Are you planning to keep him?
Yes he's not going anywhere. He's such a friendly guy I couldn't let him go worry too much that he would end up back how he was.

Yes he's not going anywhere. He's such a friendly guy I couldn't let him go worry too much that he would end up back how he was.

Oh wonderful. Does he have a name yet? I always know once I name something, it's staying here/coming home. LoL. Someone else always has to name my foster/rescues.

Oh wonderful. Does he have a name yet? I always know once I name something, it's staying here/coming home. LoL. Someone else always has to name my foster/rescues.
He's called forrest :) can't be having nameless animals he was named from day 1 lol

Back