• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Young corn snake is really active, but not eating

KarenC723

Hi all, my son's corn snake is maybe about 20 months old. We've had her since she was about 4 months. Last night she rejected her third feeding in a row... We thought she was rejecting food because she was going to shed, which did happen a few days ago. We thought she'd be starving last night! But no, she was completely uninterested. She was very interested in touring the kitchen chairs, though. She's been very active the past few days, in general. She's also been pooping every time she's out to feed. Any ideas what might be going on? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha... Not 100%. We thought we figured it out when we got her/him, using a book on corn snakes and looking at his/her tapering. Always worth another look. :)

And honestly now as I look online I see that's not the most accurate method. Aside from the 'probing' I see referenced, is there a safe way to determine if maybe she is a he?

This is the season of love, and both females and males stop eating for up to 3 months or so. Unless they look emaciated just let them be, when the season changes s/he will always go back to normal.

Thank you! My son is very relieved. Corn on the Cob seems happy and healthy, and is just much more active than usual- we couldn't figure it out.

If Corn on the Cob looks better next to your clothes in the closet then she is a she.... Good luck and positive energy...

Last edited:
I have a baby corn to he or she is almost 4 months old has ate for me every feeding day
had 1st shed since I had him her now all the sudden I'm going on 20 days not eating acts normal no change in behavior I tried leaving pinky in tank over night I tried braining I haven't tried dawn trick or boil water in deli cup or bag yet I tried 2 days ago I don't wanna stress her by keeping at her every couple days any pointers I really just wish him her would eat I thought she was a girl named her Bella her tail is long skinny to fine point but I'm new to snake world and really want the best for her

Back