• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Age of Corn Snake Owners Poll.

Nothing wrong with bumping old threads. We're encouraged to search to find the answer to our questions, right? ;)

I'm 29 and acquired my first corn snake Oct. 7th of this year.

My sister lives in K-Zoo and is planning to go to that reptile show Sat. :D

I'm 57. My first snake was a wild caught Eastern King. That was 45 years ago. I got my first Corn in August and now have five Corns and one California King.

Kevin M said:
Ack. Major SNAFU Maverick...

Im 27. When I said 16 with eleven years experience I meant 11 years experience acting like a 16 year old. It's something my girlfriend always says to me. Man, I really am an unfunny guy eh?

<Runs in corner and hides>

That IS a funny joke!

I'm 22, my first snake was a ball python when I was 19, and now have somwhere around 25 corn snakes, 15 ball pythons, 6 green tree pythons, 5 red-tail boas, and about 20 other assorted kings, boas, pythons, and rat snakes. I've loved snakes my whole life, but living at home my parents were the opposite and I wasn't allowed to have a pet snake. The reason? too many horror stories about people being killed by their giant python/boa :(

I'm 14, and I got my first corn when I was 10. I was hooked on snakes ever since I knew what they were. Now I have a corn, a ball python, and expecting another BP. :)

I'm 13, got my first earlier this year. But I've loved them since I first saw one...it was a long wait, but worth it :cheers:

I'm fifteen (turning sixteen in feb.) And my current snake is the second corn I've ever owned. My first corn was an Okeetee I got when I was eleven, I had him for about a month, after which he died of an infection he had since the day he was sold to me. My mother refused to take him to a vet because she views snakes as 'lowly creatures.'

Other than those two corns, I've had multiple anoles, geckos, garter snakes, frogs, toads, and even a copperhead for a short period of time.

I'm currently 13, and I purchased my first corn when I was 10. My collection was only at one female in May, and by next week it will up to a total of three adults, one keeper hatchling from this year, one butter hatchling I'm receiving from Caroline Piquette, and possibly a ghost adult from a local breeder. :grin01: :sidestep:

Lisa

Silt said:
I'm currently 13, and I purchased my first corn when I was 10. My collection was only at one female in May, and by next week it will up to a total of three adults, one keeper hatchling from this year, one butter hatchling I'm receiving from Caroline Piquette, and possibly a ghost adult from a local breeder. :grin01: :sidestep:

Lisa

Whoops! I forgot to add in the six remaining hatchlings from this year's clutch. :grin01:

Lisa

ShadeFX said:
I'm fifteen (turning sixteen in feb.) And my current snake is the second corn I've ever owned. My first corn was an Okeetee I got when I was eleven, I had him for about a month, after which he died of an infection he had since the day he was sold to me. My mother refused to take him to a vet because she views snakes as 'lowly creatures.'

Other than those two corns, I've had multiple anoles, geckos, garter snakes, frogs, toads, and even a copperhead for a short period of time.

Sorry, but your mom has not set a good example that way.... she should have taught you that any creature, especially in human care, has the right to be taken to a vet when sick.

Blutengel said:
Sorry, but your mom has not set a good example that way.... she should have taught you that any creature, especially in human care, has the right to be taken to a vet when sick.

I agree 100%

That's not the only way my mom has set a bad example, but I won't go into that here. It's just fortunate that I'm independant and mature enough to recognize her faults and not immitate them. I have a job now, so if any animal under my care falls ill, I'll be able to pay for whatever treatment is neccesarry.

ShadeFX said:
I agree 100%

That's not the only way my mom has set a bad example, but I won't go into that here. It's just fortunate that I'm independant and mature enough to recognize her faults and not immitate them. I have a job now, so if any animal under my care falls ill, I'll be able to pay for whatever treatment is neccesarry.

Good for you that you take your own responsibility!

I'm 16, got my first snake when i was 6 or 7 but gave it back to the pet store after i realized i couldn't feed it...my mom said i cried for and hour..took the snake back and kept the mouse as a pet until our ferret killed it. Got my first snake that i didn't mind feeding in February of this year, her name was Syfka(sif-ka) she was a yellow rat snake hatchling...she won my mom over into liking snakes. In June of this year i got my first BP for my birthday...her name was Jaiden(jay-den) and she died from an RI the night before we took her to the vet. Next snake is Nyxx another BP that my sister bought for me after Jaiden died Nyxx suffered from a RI as well but we got it cleared up and shes doing great. I didn't get my first corn till august 12th of this year her name is Terra she just a normal but i find her very beautiful and then on september 8th also of this year i got Serg hes a sunglow morph corn. and i plan to get some more corns once either 1) my dad gets to building the snake rack i asked him to build for me that'll hold 8 snakes or 2) i get my mom to by me some sterilite tubs and the i can get the snakes myself

going for i fear I'm rambling...

Back