• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My Fatty, Sunfyre

Thrisinthe

Hello all!

I'm new here, and joined today to ask a very specific question.

I've had my noodle for about 5 years, and Sunfyre's appetite has NEVER lacked.

Maybe a couple months ago, my local pet stores had no F/T mice, so I settled for F/T small rats as Sunfyre is a big boy and I new he'd have no issue with swallowing.

Fast forward a couple months now, I think he's become accustomed to eating rats! I tried feeding him mice last night and he showed no interest in them - he acted defensively around them and then ignored them. I tried giving him a mouse 2 weeks ago and he was defensive, but then did eat.

I'm not nervous that he won't eat, he's gotten just a little tubby eating rats and I'm sure he will eat these mice soon, I just wanted to know if anyone else has ever experienced their noodle turning their nose up to mice after becoming used to another prey source.

Thank you for reading :3~

-Kate

28515244_411784155901270_6466764888959041685_o.jpg

Here is Sunfyre :D <3

Others have told me that once their snakes ate rats they had a preference for them. But others have said their corns eat either or both. If you want to switch back to mice keep offering one. He can go a long time without eating with no ill effects.

Ty Twolunger!

I suppose if I had the option between a big burger vs. a slider, I'd choose the former xD

Ty for your input, I'm sure he will eat soon :) He doesn't like missing his meal times!

I've never had a cornsnake refuse to eat a rat (pup), but I have had a cornsnake who was being fed rats then refuse to go back to mice.

Back