• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Trying to catch my snake

Aaron1994

Hi all, I need tips on how to get my snake out of her enclosure it has been a awhile since I last held her because of work and what not. So I lately I have tried to get her in my hands but she is so FAST I just give up because she stresses out real easy, I mean I move in quite fast to pick her up but she quite is litterally a lightning bolt across the tank and quickly burrows. I just can't pick her up its either that or she darts to the corner and coils and attempts to strike at me, I need advice on how to obtain her. When she feels my fingers on her underbelly is when she ZOOMS hella fast away. ( she knows I am there, I always drop a sprinkle of her substrate on her to let her know I am around before picking up)

Forgot to add that she is still a year old, very young. But I need to handle her or its man vs snake for both of us through adulthood too :(

Honestly I would not sprinkle the substrate on her. I'd just reach in and grab her, when she starts moving tighten your hand around her and pull up, then support her in both hands. Also, if she is little, don't be afraid of her biting you. I highly doubt she'll even strike, and if she does you won't feel it.

I find that my younger snake is easier to handle if I wait until he is in a hide for a bit, lift the hide, and quickly scoop him up. He is very docile compared to when I try to catch him when he is out and about.

Good luck!

I wouldn't let her know your there. When you open the enclosure find out where she is and quickly reach down and pick her up. By continuing the play this game and then giving up you are teaching her that if she keeps running or striking that you are going to give up and leave her alone. So be quick and not afraid. Bites don't hurt.

Back