• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Possibly stunted growth

Kittikatt

Hey all, new here. I just adopted a female corn and she is apparently 3 years old. I weighed her today and she is 135 grams... I'm no expert but I think that is quite small.

I haven't fed her yet(they fed her the day I got her) and I'm researching the size of food that would be best for her. I measured her at 1.5 inches at the widest point and was thinking about the 10-15 gram mice. She doesn't look too underweight as her spine isn't sticking out, but she isn't very long either. I'll measure her if someone wants to know.

Any advice would be nice, her previous owner said they only fed her pinkies, so I'm sure she will love the calcium from the bigger mice, I just don't want to feed her something too big and have her just regurgitate it.

Yeah, that's definitely pretty small for her age. Being fed pinkies for three years is not great. Hopefully she won't have any lasting damage from the lack of calcium and other nutrients. At her size, I would do a few meals of 10ish gram mice and then move up to 15 gram mice. She could do a once a week schedule to help her get on track. Make sure she has appropriate heat for digestion and she should be able to handle that size. She might be confused by larger mice at first!

Would love to see a picture of her too!

I didn't even think about her being confused by bigger prey, but it makes sense! Yeah I was thinking about feeding her on a juvenile schedule for a bit until she's bigger. Glad to hear I have the right ideas about feeding sizes and schedules though :) She is super friendly even though he previous owner didn't handle her much. Here's a picture!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220113-103534~4.png
    Screenshot_20220113-103534~4.png
    674.4 KB · Views: 30
Aww, so nice that the snake has moved in with somebody who'll feed her appropriately. I mean, who would want to live on nothing but baby food?

Back