• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My first year breeding

Oh, yay!! Triple yay, in fact! Good thing your rack is arriving, since you have those beautiful pippies popping. And good job, Bean, on getting through another egg-laying session. (Lower fertility is quite the norm with second clutches. ) Triple yay!!!

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Oh, yay!! Triple yay, in fact! Good thing your rack is arriving, since you have those beautiful pippies popping. And good job, Bean, on getting through another egg-laying session. (Lower fertility is quite the norm with second clutches. ) Triple yay!!!

Yep my rack came on Saturday and it's currently set up, bins cleaned and labeled

TY! What a journey phew and really it's not over yet, gotta get the babies get started eating.

I peaked in a few eggs that slit the egg but haven't poked their heads out, and I got my snow! I know it's only 1/4 chance, but I got nervous when I saw so many red noses lol.

Congratulations on getting the morph you want! That's a fantastic feeling. It's even better when that baby eats. Here's hoping all do. [emoji1696]

oh wow :eek: I did think hmmm these saddles by the head look interesting, but I didnt think much of it. I looked and I didnt see belly checkers but I checked some of the siblings and also couldn't see belly checkers so I'll wait for a shed before I'm sure.

Here is the what I woke up to this morning, up to 10 babies out of the egg

IMG_4853.jpeg

One snow so far, hopefully it's a girl lol

That's a cheerful picture! Nice that your snow is staying where you can see it easily.

That's a cheerful picture! Nice that your snow is staying where you can see it easily.

Yes! lol I think I have about 4 snows so far including this cool one, hopefully after a shed I can see if there's belly checkers...im convinced this one is a motley lol man what a surprise.

IMG_4869.jpeg

Yes that snow looks motley. It sure is exciting when you pick through them the first time. As well as the week later after they have their first shed!
Thanks for sharing the experience.

Since most of the babies are out, I can FINALLY count the eggs lol. So in total Bean laid 33 eggs (first timer, let me add, I still can't believe it, I was expecting like 12 lol) So far, 27 are out, 4 are pipped, and 2 are not alive, they were suspiciously right next to each other, I cut them open last night and one never developed from what I could tell, and the other was DIE.

Bean is quite the Champ (capital letter intentional)! It's too bad about the two who didn't make it but that's quite usual. You still have so many healthy, beautiful babies! Thanks for sharing.

Got some first sheds (3 to be exact) In 5 (or 6) days I'll offer then their first meals.

I LOVE the zig-zag pattern on this Amel (this one hasn't shed yet). Def up there for the runnings of keeper.

IMG_4899.jpeg

So far about 20 babies have shed, but I have two babies with incomplete sheds, when should I help them get it off?

I give their tubs a misting a few hours ago. I also misted any baby that hasn't shed yet. I'm inclined to think I messed something up, but 18 other babies shed perfectly.

What are they living in? If they're not in something small like a deli cup, you'll want to use something of that sort for the two with incomplete sheds. Put lots of damp moss or damp, crinkled paper towel into the two containers; not dripping wet, but definitely damp. Pput one snake into each container, close, and leave them alone. They'll most likely wriggle themselves out of that incomplete shed by bedtime tonight. If they still haven't, leave them overnight. 99% of the time they'll solve their difficulty. If they haven't, tomorrow would be the time to try to assist. The damp material in their "hide" will keep the shed from sticking and causing a problem before then.

Back