• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Wasp nest

MysticExotics

(formerly NWHeather)
I came across a post on FB of someone trying to sell a wasp nest and a few bird nests.

I posted a pic of a very large, (vacant) wasp nest that is in one of my sheds.
I hadn't seen any activity 3 years ago, when I started working around the property, I doused it to ensure that there were no inhabitants would take issue with me working in the shed.

Note the Cat Face Orb Spider guarding the nest. LOL She can have it!

Attachments

• hornetnest.jpg
    hornetnest.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 15
What does someone do with a wasps' nest? Just an interesting piece of nature to admire or is there some use for it?

When I was about 5 or 6, we had a wasps' nest under our patio, which my dad knocked down. I was always fascinated with bugs and creatures, so I really wanted to go look at it, but my parents made me wait a few days to make sure there were no wasps left. By the time I got to go see it, ants had completely eaten it. So disappointing!

What does someone do with a wasps' nest? Just an interesting piece of nature to admire or is there some use for it?

When I was about 5 or 6, we had a wasps' nest under our patio, which my dad knocked down. I was always fascinated with bugs and creatures, so I really wanted to go look at it, but my parents made me wait a few days to make sure there were no wasps left. By the time I got to go see it, ants had completely eaten it. So disappointing!

Someone said some people use them for crafting, some use for display.

They are very cool, except the inhabitants. LOL

Back