• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Mystic Exotics 2018 planned pairings

I've never tried for a second clutch either, my first priority is always that they recover from laying eggs.

I did with my Buf Tessera last year, even using a different sire, but only because she didn't even look like she had laid. I think it was helpful that she ate small meals even up to a few days before laying. Most of mine though? No way. I think it just takes the right female in the right set of circumstances.

I did with my Buf Tessera last year, even using a different sire, but only because she didn't even look like she had laid. I think it was helpful that she ate small meals even up to a few days before laying. Most of mine though? No way. I think it just takes the right female in the right set of circumstances.

I have had a few double clutch over the years, never intentional.
I was kinda surprised that Echo double clutched, after the majority of her first clutch were slugs. It was all slugs on the second clutch, and I found them all buried in the aspen. LOL
Her lone egg still looks good. It's not nearly as big as the eggs in Aster's clutch, which have gotten huge.

I'm suspecting that Aster will d/c because of the timing of her most recent shed, and the fact that her first clutch is about due to hatch. I put a lay box in her bin just in case, and she's been hanging out in it the past couple days, so maybe. If she hasn't laid by the time I get off work this morning, I might try to grab a quick weight on her.

Amel motley male x hypo plasma female (my only clutch this year)
Creating some multi hets.
First time for the female which produced 6 eggs. 2 of the eggs leaked and died early on.
The remaining 4 look great.....
Looked at all my old records of incubation durations all the way back to the late 90s thru 2006 when I would have about 15 to 20 clutches per year and found that they normally started piping between 64 to 69 days with few exceptions or possible errors on my part recording dates.

I think overall, mine have been 64-66 days before hatching.
What temps were yours at? Mine incubate at room temp, averaging 80 degrees.

For most of the data I collected the temps were on the high side 85 to 91 degrees in my garage with my collection. In the later years I would move the eggs to my back patio where for the most part would be around 81 to 88 degrees. Not sure which year I started placing them in the back patio.

My last clutch started pipping at 65 days. Don't know what I'll get from the pair. I call them Heintz 57 pairs. The male is an Upper Keys caramel diffused het amel and the female I got from my son, who says it's an anery, het diffused, hypo, motley/strip, charcoal & amel. Last year I got morphs I could barely identify from his females. Makes it kind of fun, but I don't end up keeping any of the hatchlings.

I incubate at a steady 82 degrees until the last 5 days, then I keep them at room temp of 80. Makes it easier to check on them without going in the incubator every day.

Mine incubate on a shelf in the snake room, with an ambient temperature averaging 80°.
I think one of the thermometers is off. One read consistently right about 80, the other consistently read 84-85. They sit right next to each other, and I even switched the containers around, no change.
Still no pipping yet. It looks like Aster might be done. Looks like a small clutch of slugs.

Day 71 (evening of), I saw a few noses poking out! I did peek, and saw a couple non Tessera's, so I know that Azurite is not Homo Dom.

I'm really hoping that there are some thick bordered babies in there!

The lone baby out of Echo is a Miami Tessera (het Candy Cane). Hopefully that one is female, then I can pair her back to her sire, for Candy Cane Tessera's! (Fingers crossed).

They started hatching early this morning!
One had emerged when I got home from work, and a second one was partly emerged.
I'll post the pics in the thread I started for that clutch.

Finally got the first one posted. I'm at rehab/decompression therapy for my back, so it took me a bit to get it done.
I'm hoping more have emerged by the time I get home.

Back