• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is this scale rot, stuck shed, or something else?

beckys19

At first I thought it might be stuck shed, but I'm not sure. Humidity is usually on the lower side (around 40), since he had been on reptile carpet before we JUST switched over to bioactive. Carpet was because a few years back he had an issue with stuck shed on his eye and the vet gave us an ointment and said to get rid of the aspen while treating, and we just hadn't gotten back to something else till now. He ate his last meal just fine and appears to be his regular self. Thanks!!

view

view

In the process of scheduling one, since he showed no improvement with the betadine soaks/vetericyn spray I've been doing just in case it was scale rot

Frank is correct, your boy needs to see a vet. He's got something happening that needs some professional attention and meds.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Doesn't look like scale rot to me. What did you use to clean the tank when swapping from reptile carpet? How long since moving to the new substrate did this happen

Back