• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Zombie Cornsnake (Seriously vamped out corn)

Ok.. straight up here..

You say you rescued her from the pet store where she was in worse condition.. and that you have actually helped her... kudos to you (truly)... but right now please make sure her temps are not above 85 F.. and make sure if the rooms hot enough you don't have her heating on.. and make sure PLEASE that she has full clean water in her dish at all times. And try to put her in a container and placing her pinky in with her and leaving her alone (with a lid covering so she doesn't get out). And try the sugar soaking thing for her vent and hope to hell she doesn't need a vet. If so, try googling for one in your area that is herp knowledgable. If you can't get to him/her.. perhaps call and explain the injury and perhaps he/she can advise you. And please don't try to pop her anymore or any other snake without knowing for sure how to do it.

This is all I ask. Make sure you clean out her tank regularly as well.

Please!!!!!!

rubbing a lizard on the mice works sometimes i read, i dont remember what kind of lizard maybe someone else will... i would think chicken broth has to much salt in it i could be wrong though.. i would give her a couple of days before you try to feed her again though and try to feed her at night sense they are night critters!

Okay i will keep that in mind

u had an issue with a snake i bought from petco and they returned it after 2 ms of trying to feed it, it soon diead after that.. they dont make sure the are very good eaters when they sell them to you.. also they should have put a vet they use on the slip of paper the give to you when you bought it!

Ok.. straight up here..

You say you rescued her from the pet store where she was in worse condition.. and that you have actually helped her... kudos to you (truly)... but right now please make sure her temps are not above 85 F.. and make sure if the rooms hot enough you don't have her heating on.. and make sure PLEASE that she has full clean water in her dish at all times. And try to put her in a container and placing her pinky in with her and leaving her alone (with a lid covering so she doesn't get out). And try the sugar soaking thing for her vent and hope to hell she doesn't need a vet. If so, try googling for one in your area that is herp knowledgable. If you can't get to him/her.. perhaps call and explain the injury and perhaps he/she can advise you. And please don't try to pop her anymore or any other snake without knowing for sure how to do it.

This is all I ask. Make sure you clean out her tank regularly as well.

Please!!!!!!

Thank you! How long should the soak last, 30mins? inch deep right?

This forum is a joke, start with insults and end with them.

For your information, this is THE best forum on the net for cornsnake care.
The people here happen to LOVE cornsnakes and happen to have just read that you have obviously overheated, nearly killed, squeezed, threw your snake, and up til now made every mealtime for her a frightening ordeal.
Sorry kiddo, but as a group we happen to care more about the welfare of your poor little girl than your widdle feelings. We care about her more than you can know, and obviously more than you do.

It also seems that somebody is dropping the ball as far as raising a child with even basic manners. Shame on them!

u had an issue with a snake i bought from petco and they returned it after 2 ms of trying to feed it, it soon diead after that.. they dont make sure the are very good eaters when they sell them to you.. also they should have put a vet they use on the slip of paper the give to you when you bought it!

What? Are you suggesting my taking the snake to the vet?

Thank you! How long should the soak last, 30mins? inch deep right?

As long as you can keep her in it.. even half an inch is fine.. you don't want her to chance drowning.. although I doubt she will.. shes liable to squirm wanting to get out than to float in it. But it should help soothe her..

And also, having the tank bottom too hot will aggravate her wound on her vent too.. so like I said.. lower the temps.. she'll be ok.

For your information, this is THE best forum on the net for cornsnake care.
The people here happen to LOVE cornsnakes and happen to have just read that you have obviously overheated, nearly killed, squeezed, threw your snake, and up til now made every mealtime for her a frightening ordeal.
Sorry kiddo, but as a group we happen to care more about the welfare of your poor little girl than your widdle feelings. We care about her more than you can know, and obviously more than you do.

It also seems that somebody is dropping the ball as far as raising a child with even basic manners. Shame on them!

I thought you were done? Ha ha you think i care about what you have to say? Not one bit at all, and i did all of this because i thought my snake was dead. If i did not care, do you think i would have even posted this thread?

Opps i'm from NY, this be no hurt a my feeling, i dont be a caring. That's how you see it right?

What? Are you suggesting my taking the snake to the vet?

Among other things.

Put the attitude aside pal. The people on this forum are extremely knowledgeable and care deeply for their pets. That's why they are getting so angry with your flippant attitude and snarky responses.

You made some mistakes with your care and these folks are TRYING to help you.

I thought you were done? Ha ha you think i care about what you have to say? Not one bit at all, and i did all of this because i thought my snake was dead. If i did not care, do you think i would have even posted this thread?

Opps i'm from NY, this be no hurt a my feeling, i dont be a caring. That's how you see it right?

Good, because we don't care about your widdle feelings!!!
Why you posted this, I honestly don't know.
You are rude.
I just hope you are listening.

One thing about me, I am never done....
feeding trolls is a hobby...

Among other things.

Put the attitude aside pal. The people on this forum are extremely knowledgeable and care deeply for their pets. That's why they are getting so angry with your flippant attitude and snarky responses.

Well said, Autumn :)

At this point, I am not trying to help the rude child, but the snake sure deserves anything we can say that will get through....

Naruto, we are all just a bit frustrated because we care very much about your little girl and we are wanting you to take our advice. Believe me when I tell you, I came here in Nov last year with a brand new baby corn snake on my hands that a friend of my daughter's had but couldn't take with her when she moved. My daughter already had a corn snake so couldn't take him on. I signed up on this forum worried sick because I didn't know the first thing about corn snakes... or reptiles altogether for that matter. I learned a lot from these people on this site.. some of them breeders or long time corn owners themselves.. and some of them have already replied in this thread. Listen to them. Please! They give the best advice. They know their Sh*t in other words.. and I learned a hell of a lot by listening to them and reading all the information on this site. It's the best I have found so far.

Now, back to your baby girl... just follow what we have all told you and just don't handle her roughly like you did already (I know you thought she was dead).. and keep her with plenty of water and with temps no higher than 85F on the hot side... and fed her as suggested.. and she will thrive.

Among other things.

You guys are one in a million i swear. Seriously do you not see the grief i have been getting. I'm a open book, please all advice and hate comments, thank you :)..

Oh and cool avatar bro.

Good, because we don't care about your widdle feelings!!!
Why you posted this, I honestly don't know.
You are rude.
I just hope you are listening.

One thing about me, I am never done....
feeding trolls is a hobby

Epic line! I can assure you i am not a "troll". I just refuse to take BS, you guys started off with bs instead of just answering. How many times will i have to say it was all a mistake, i thought she was freaking dead, i was about to bury her and all man.

Naruto, we are all just a bit frustrated because we care very much about your little girl and we are wanting you to take our advice. Believe me when I tell you, I came here in Nov last year with a brand new baby corn snake on my hands that a friend of my daughter's had but couldn't take with her when she moved. My daughter already had a corn snake so couldn't take him on. I signed up on this forum worried sick because I didn't know the first thing about corn snakes... or reptiles altogether for that matter. I learned a lot from these people on this site.. some of them breeders or long time corn owners themselves.. and some of them have already replied in this thread. Listen to them. Please! They give the best advice. They know their Sh*t in other words.. and I learned a hell of a lot by listening to them and reading all the information on this site. It's the best I have found so far.

Now, back to your baby girl... just follow what we have all told you and just don't handle her roughly like you did already (I know you thought she was dead).. and keep her with plenty of water and with temps no higher than 85F on the hot side... and fed her as suggested.. and she will thrive.

Alright so according to all of your(the forum) advice,

I will turn off my heat pad, and let my temps sit around 80-85ish.... Put my water bowl back, soak her daily in cool sugar water.. and try to feed her in a dark bin in three days.

My questions are,

- Soak her whole body or just tail?
- Should i try chicken broth on the pinkie in the dark bin?
- Do i soak her daily
- Should i keep her substrate out until she is healed, right now she is on news paper.

And if it matters, i use tubs and already have a rack set up for the corns i'm getting. But i will hold out on those until around the October expo, okay? ;)

Alright so according to all of your(the forum) advice,

I will turn off my heat pad, and let my temps sit around 80-85ish.... Put my water bowl back, soak her daily in cool sugar water.. and try to feed her in a dark bin in three days.

My questions are,

- Soak her whole body or just tail?
- Should i try chicken broth on the pinkie in the dark bin?
- Do i soak her daily
- Should i keep her substrate out until she is healed, right now she is on news paper.

And if it matters, i use tubs and already have a rack set up for the corns i'm getting. But i will hold out on those until around the October expo, okay? ;)

Good for you. Soak her whole body, but allow her to "slither" not swim. And yes try the chicken broth. Not sure about soaking her daily. And yes keep her on News paper until healed.

Back