• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hey y'all

Brocklehurst

I am Sofa King...
Hey there, name's Liam :) Basically just aquired my first corn, Manny, over a week ago, hope to settle down into these forums and get to know you guys.

Manny *seems* to be settling in, he(the owner didn't know the sex, so I just sorta called it a he :p) apparently hadn't been handled for about a year, but I've had him out of his viv about 5 times since I've had him and bathed him just the other day! He's about 4 foot long at the moment, so I haven't really had chance to see him grow up, but I'm fine with that, heh.

He's very jumpy most of the time, hiding loads until I get him out then he gets a bit more active... That okay for coming into a new home? There's usually quite a few people round where he is, so I don't know if that helps or not...

Okay, I'm gonna stop talking :) Love to hear some feedback/questions. I'll post some pictures at some point too..

I've been trying to feed him, gone through two mice, but he's not having any of it... I don't know when he was last fed, so I'm most likely just worrying 'bout.
But anyway, the shop owner we got the stuff for him from says he might be a bit bunged up and to give him a bath, see if he does anything? No luck, so I'm kinda just putting it down to him either not being hungry or he might be shedding? Because there's grey bits between his 'scaley bits'... I dunno.

Ok, that makes sense!
Water temp is uber important though, between 75 and 80 degrees works well for me when I have to swim one of my chunky girls.

He might be stressed from the new surroundings though, especially if he was not used to being handled. If I were in your position I would leave him alone and not mess with him until he's eaten at least twice (and after eating they need 48 hours with no handling to prevent regurg).

The "grey bits" between his scales worry me. I am praying Manny doesnt have mites. If he does, there are better people on this forum than me to help you out though!

And, of course, once he's on track we need pics!

Okay thanks :)
Yeah I don't think it is mites... It's just sorta little bits between his scales, so I just thought he might be shedding, the previous owner said he might be too, so...

It's weird how he seems fine when I've had him out for about 5 minutes, heh.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's mites, I've seen tiny black bugs crawling over him :(
My Mum's phoning the guy up, but do you have anywhere to direct me?

Yikes, I'm so sorry. I havent had to treat mites in YEARS. Back then I used something called "California Lotion" and it worked great, but I don't think it's even made anymore!

Do a search on "mites" in this forum and I'm sure you will get the info you need.

Well we went to ask for some help and bought some "First Aid" spary called 'Reptix' guy says he uses it all the time and it's "-hot" :p

Been told we need bath him, clean his viv out then spray him with this stuff every 3 days, and keep killing off the mites we can see.. So I'll see how it goes :)

Back