• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

A very cold Fence Lizard

SaulsMom

The past few days have been very chilly in Northern California. And about a week ago a section of our fence fell over. Leaving great big empty post holes.

This morning Saul found a very frigid fence lizard at the bottom of a steep sided and dark fence post hole. We brought him inside to warm him up, snapped a few pictures, and are releasing him now. Enjoy!

Soaking up some heat from a warm water bottle
Lizardforlunch.jpg

This is so COOL!!
happyguy.jpg

His colors became so much more blue after he warmed up
Bellyshot.jpg

Look what I found!
LookwhatIfound.jpg

Saul would like me to add this smilie in because it's really cool. :flames: We also like this one: :bang:

SaulsMom

I love these sceloperos (spelling?) lizards!
I spent most of my childhood chasing them through bushes.
Nice belly on that one too!

For me, they bring back wonderful memories of hiking/backpacking out west. Say Yosemite.

Nanci

Cool! Nice find. Very nicely marked lizard. The one I found a week or so ago (see thread "Herping in January") was dark blue on the bottom.

Back