• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2 vids of Thamnophis Elegans Vagrans - 1 odd one

TripleT the snake in that second vid reminds me of the garters we had in the Willamette valley in Oregon. We called them "Yellow Racers" when I was growing up and would catch them all the time. They had the same striping like that.

I see Garters like the second one often, in the north Seattle area. It's really too bad that it's illegal to keep them, I found a '10 hatchling just the other day, I would hav eloved to keep.
But instead, I took a few pics & released her.

Ya probably something common, just odd cause there aren't any other kinds of snakes in that area...and if there were wouldn't they be eaten ? that exact spot is loaded with known snake eaters.

the law is actually stated that you are able to 'hunt' and keep garter snakes if you have a game license (hunting).
now... no one is really there to care or inforce people about the keeping of garter snakes. More of a shrug of the shoulders.

Cool! I never take videos when I go out hunting snakes, I think I'll start.
That second one must be a ribbon snake of some kind. I guess it depends on locality, like Eric said, looks like their western ribbons and others.
Here we have eastern ribbon snakes, thamnophis sauritus sauritus.

30888_1328793738842_1200916201_30744337_8356757_n.jpg

No ribbons here.
We only have...
Thamnophis sirtalis pickeringi
Thamnophis sirtalis fitchi
Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis
Thamnophis ordinoides
Thamnophis elegans vagrans

I'm not sure what the garters around here are called... but here are some pics!

This little guy was blue so I didn't disturb him/her.
Bugssss174.jpg

Bugssss171.jpg

All I have is a ventral shot of this guy. Or girl.
Garter21.jpg

Back