• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New enclosure questions

agonzaga281

My year old Snake is already starting look like she is outgrowing her enclosure. So keeping an eye outfor one. Been researching bioactive extensively. (a lot). So thinking of going that route because it's a topic that generally interests me and I like gardening on my free time so I know about keeping plants alive. Been torn between the zen habitat enclosures and the AP enclosure. However, I have a gut feeling the zen enclosures would be a better deal because they have more ventilation than the AP enclosures. What's your experiments with Pvc enclosures? What 4 x 2 x 2 enclosure is been best for you guys?... In the area of keeping your adult corn snake.

Hi! Honestly, I have mine in an 40 gal breeder. & it's been perfect. Mist extremely well once a day; in shed. & with eggs 3 - 4 times.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Most of what I have is AP enclosures. You can always add extra ventilation with a drill and putting in strategic holes. I'll be doing this a bit with my ball python's cage.
When I have my own place I'll definitely be upgrading everyone into 4x2s and a couple into 6x3s. While the 36"x18" is technically a decent size for my smallest adult, a female that is 41 inches long my 2nd largest is rapidly nearing 5 feet and there's started to be studies showing that the ability to stretch out fully results in less stereotyping behaviours exhibited by snakes.

Most of what I have is AP enclosures. You can always add extra ventilation with a drill and putting in strategic holes. I'll be doing this a bit with my ball python's cage.
When I have my own place I'll definitely be upgrading everyone into 4x2s and a couple into 6x3s. While the 36"x18" is technically a decent size for my smallest adult, a female that is 41 inches long my 2nd largest is rapidly nearing 5 feet and there's started to be studies showing that the ability to stretch out fully results in less stereotyping behaviours exhibited by snakes.

Thanks! I want to put plants and ispopod and springtails in my enclosure. So going with her final enclosure so I don't have to keep on switching enclosure and creating new bioactive each time she outgrows her old one. And switching enclosure would be a hassle for me personally. I will probably add more hides to make it more secure. What do you mean by strategic holes?

Back