• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

heat tape vs. radiant heat panel

giraffe42

I have a 4ft x 2ft x 19in Boamaster cage (http://boamaster.com/EnlargedCage.asp?itemid=2)
What is the general consensus on this question? I'm leaning more towards the heat tape.

I would like to ask what would be the best way to set up in my viv. I am thinking tape along the back and cool area up from by the door. I also need to figure out what width of heat tape I need so any input on that is appreciated.

From my understanding the tape goes on the inside of the tank. Is it safe for the snakes that way with all the wiring?

Thanks!

It's easier to heat 1/3 to 1/2 of the tank and leave the rest cool. Make sure you have a hide over the heated area and another on the cool side of the tank so your snake can choose but still feel safe.

I have heard of people using the heat panels but personally I like the under belly heat the best and I find so do the snakes. Be careful with tank heaters including the cables, read about them first as there are some that can go inside and some that can't. Just because it says you can wrap them around branches doesn't mean you can put them in the substrate. If you have a glass viv then use a heat matt

If I was setting up one display enclosure for a corn snake, and money was no object, I would go with a radiant heat panel every time. They are superior in every way. Good ones simply cost, much, much more.

If I was setting up one display enclosure for a corn snake, and money was no object, I would go with a radiant heat panel every time. They are superior in every way. Good ones simply cost, much, much more.

Absolutely agree !

I agree with chip.
I own a constrictors NW rack - holds 5 snacks. (4ft wide x 2 feet deep x 12 high). I bought 5 radiant heat panels and could not be happier. They have been running for 2 years without any issues. Each panel is controlled with vivarium electronics thermostats. Panels are high quality, very lightweight. I bought PH-2, which i believe are 12" x 12"

http://pro-products.com/pro-heat/

Back