• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Penny escaped!!!

Nitelion94

I am The Nitelion
What can I say.. Im heartbroken mad and amused with how she did it. I keep her in a secure 10gal Zilla critter cage. I have no clue what she did...I just saw her last night.. Im just..Im not sure if I will ever get her back. We had some flood damage a little back and I have a hole at the bottom of my wall from it and I hope she did not get out there..im just...:( ugh.. I was going to hang out with my little cousin who loves them in a little while so I was like hey im going to take some update pics. I opened her viv checked all her hides and I got a little worried but not much because she hides a in the aspen a lot. so I sifted her normal spot and was like hmmm. so then I took everything out(checked all her hides 100000's of times. and dug and dug. I went threw like every piece of aspen. I'm worried about telling my mom lol but I dont think she will b mad at me...my dad on the other hand well. I wont b surprised if he does not try and make me sell Sheldon. I just dont know what happened!!! The lid was closed when I went to open it. the screen has no holes or slits or anything. as I said I am just....there is no words....................................................:crying: :crying::cry::shrugs::shrugs::confused::nope::sobstory:

I would say that maybe if your so sure that everything was tight and secure someone else in the house might of gotten the snake out without you knowing and lost it.

I would start looking around and under anything that puts off heat. Say the fridge, water heater, ac unit, heaters, washer, dryer, TV, cable box or other electronics that put off heat. Also the like to hide deep in dark closets.

Some sure fire ways to track it down are to put flour on the floor along the walls. That is if dont have carpet. Then you could atleast see if its still in the house. I would also make sure the hole you described is taped up. You can also put tape facing up along the walls. This will capture the the little guy that is if its small enough. I am guessing that you have a baby or close to it. Some people dont like the tape method because it could harm the animal.

Once again if it is a baby you can take a 2 liter of soda empty it and cut the top off about 5 inches down the bottle. Then that piece and flip it around and put it inside the other end. This way the snake can get inside but can not get out. I like this method. Make a few of these bottles and put them around the house. Use a live pinky in each to lure it in.

I hope this helps and you locate the little guy. Good luck!!!

Nanci is on to something too. Any crevice in any of the decor in the tank they can get into and stay there for along time. Sometimes even getting stuck.

I hope you can find her Ryan ! Check everywhere ! I lost my little RO last year, was never able to find her :(, I hope you have much better luck ! Just hope she stayed close, check in boxes and everything. One way to see where she is (if shes traveling), is putting babypowder or such against the walls in different areas, when they move around they usually stay close to the walls, youll be able to see where she went. Goodluck!

Don't despair...every escapee I've ever had turned back up, from a tiny gartersnake to a very large African Rock python, and there's a excellent chance that Penny will, too.

i would keep her hides in the tank still b/c they can hide inside of hides lol i lost mine in a log a fake loge and a her water bowl(dnt ask) their very sneaky

No she does not have any hides like that. I left everything in the tank hoping with a very slimm chance she might still b in there lol. Water heater good idea! thats like 3 foot from her viv in a closet. I have carpet in my room so the flour/baby power trick wont work. I dont have any live mice so I figured I could like really cut a pinkie up good so that it smells strong. I'm just all I can do is smile and try not to think about it. I mean I have seen were lots of people had escapee's and thought it was bad but there was all ways the that will never happen to me thing going on..wow was I surprised. man I had been having an amazing 2011 till this happened. and as far as someone else messing with her I only live with my mom and dad and there scared. and I was close to her viv ever since I last seen her(around 10 last night) so thats a no. Thanks for the tips everyone.

If you haven't done this already- look along your walls. Look under everything- clothes, magazines, boxes, furniture. Look for her right after it gets dark. Keep looking again and again and again.

Also if you have trim along the walls a baby can get behind that sometimes. May not hurt if there is a small gap to pull the trim out. You could always nail it right back.

I hope you find her. You said you have carpet, and a small snake could probably get under the baseboard where the carpet is tucked in. You might check to see if there are any areas where the baseboard isn't as tight to the carpet. If you have a temp gun, you could start at your viv and go around the baseboard checking temps, and see where the warm spots are. Your snake would maybe head for the warm spots. Good luck!

I hope you find her. You said you have carpet, and a small snake could probably get under the baseboard where the carpet is tucked in. You might check to see if there are any areas where the baseboard isn't as tight to the carpet. If you have a temp gun, you could start at your viv and go around the baseboard checking temps, and see where the warm spots are. Your snake would maybe head for the warm spots. Good luck!

I like that idea. Something I never thought of before. Something I will try in the future though.

Back