• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Building a custom enclosure and.....

reptile_addict

I am building a custom enclosure. I have all the sides but the frond and top put together. It is 30" long 28" deep and 19" tall. How should I heat it? I was thinking a day and night bulb plus a small basking spot with a red bulb. I can use ceramic heat emmiters, heat tame, heat rope, ect. Just need some infon quick I am waiting on how to heat it before I put on the top. Also should I use polyurathein or however you spell it? I have a peice of plexi for the front wwhich will be hinged not sliding.

Couple of issues

1) Lamps are much harder to regulate than under tank sources. Corns don't require basking spots, just a warm zone, in order to thrive.

2) I take it that the rest of the enclosure is make of wood. That being the case yes you need to seal the wood with Poly. If you don't, the water and animal waste will quickly destroy the wood. You will also want to seal the seams with a animal safe chalk.

I was thinking about keeping a ball in it til the corn get bigger. will just a warms spot be ok for a ball to? How should I keep a spot warm? Heat mats? I can put a heat mat under 1/8 wood if I need to for the bottom

yes, just the under the tank heater is fine for a ball python, they dont need light. I have a light on for during the day, and I also have a UTH. other wise my viv isn't warm enough, because it is cold downstairs in my house, so you can use the heat bulb too if you are having problems keeping up the temp. anyway, sounds good, good idea keeping hte ball in the biggger viv till the corn gets bigger.

Back