• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What kind of water do you use?

DinoNeill

Must learn Parseltongue!
I've been using tap water but after reading this I'm not so sure it's such a good idea:

"Tap water often contains chlorine and fluoride that can be harmful to your snake. It is recommended that you at least dechlorinate tap water or bottled water. Water softeners add too much sodium to the water."

I personally don't like the taste of my water at home so I just buy a big gallon of bottled water (not distilled) & use that. It's pretty cheap & that way I know I'm not putting anything into my snake that I wouldn't put into my own body :D

I use water from the bottles that you buy at the store. They can be pricey sometimes, but we always have some around becuase the taste of our water is unbearable.

I always wondered about this, and should've asked really before I got Trav,
I de-chlorinate water for big water changes for my tropical fish, but not for Travis, the water in my local area is really good so I'm not too worried, But I will buy some bottled soon because thats what I top my aquarium up with when I do small water changes

We have a filter on our faucet, so everyone here gets filtered. And goodness, can you tell the difference between filtered and non. I wouldn't want anyone drinking the mess that comes out of the tap.

If you're just giving water to a couple of snakes, a gallon of spring water should go a long way. :)

I remember later last year we stayed at up in Drumnadrochit (For the second time) and the water was a slight brown/yellow tinge because of the rainfall and the peaty ground, tasted great, but put me off a little :p

Interesting to read all these posts. Me and my B/F have been using tap water but have been adding some calcimizer to it. The place we get our water from is a river and the water up here is really clean so unlike most bigger cities and stuff our water plant doesn't chlorinate our water. Or if it does, it only uses so little....seeing as how I'm allergic to chlorine. (but then again I don't usually drink tap water.) The kinda of calcimizer we are using is, Exo Terra Calcimize Conditioner.

http://www.exo-terra.com/EN/products/calcimize_nutrition_i.html

This is what we are using. Well just thought I'd show you a picture. Its the only good vitamins they sell at our pet store.

Spring water is what I use. Never cost me more than 66 cents at the local sprawl-mart. It goes a long way for one or two snakes. Heck, I still use it for all eleven and it still goes a long way and is cheap even if it didn't.

either very clean tap water, or water from a water cooler where we get big 5 gallon jugs delivered every week or so.

The water here is extremely high in calcium and magnesium, not to mention chlorine. It has a horrible taste. My kids and I don't drink it and neither do our pets.

I go to the water store (does anyone else have water stores where they live?) which as the name implies, sells water, bottles, and dispensers. We get our water for 25cents a gallon and it's the same as Sparklets but a lot cheaper. I fill a one gallon jug and use this for the snakes.

I use bottled water. It's a bit ironic, because I drink filtered tap water myself! I'm really spoiling the snakes, huh? :)

psyhodad said:
I go to the water store (does anyone else have water stores where they live?) which as the name implies, sells water, bottles, and dispensers. cheaper.

I thought these were so weird when I first moved out to California. I had never seen a water store in Minnesota, but the water here is horrible. I miss good water coming strait from the tap :D

I'm surprised.....

.....that this thread hasn't rousted Spirit to make a post. :crazy02:

regards,
jazz

I use tap water, which is technically bottled water LOL The bottled water company in my town just uses the tap water, bottles it, and sells it in the US for $1.50 a bottle LOL. No additional filters used. Suckers! *sticks tongue out at US folks* neener =P *waits to be smacked* LOL just kidding hehe... the water here is great so I don't worry about adding stuff to it for my pets.

I use H20 . . . :sidestep: I thought there was only one type of water . . .

Seriously though, I use RO water with GSE added.

D80

Back