• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Little Rattler!

3330PHILIP

Sometimes when i go to pick up my female amel she slithers away real fast and heads to a burrow she's made in aspen,cute as hell, so manage to take her out of viv and hold her to which she promptly shakes her tail real fast and against my hand it makes a vibrating noise.

She does this for a couple seconds then stops and acts normal, she enjoys being held and explores our bodies etc.

Does anyone elses corn do this? My girlfriend adores it.

It's so cute when the little ones get defensive like that. With constant handling she'll eventaully calm down. One of my corns rattled and snapped at me once.. the first time I took her out of her fedex packaging. We've put all that past us though, she's pretty calm now.

I handle my corn just about every day so its even funnier because she is supposed to be used to being taken out the tank, but its lovely and warm with lots of things to climb on so, if i were a snake i'd probably moan to start with!

I've seen baby corns do this, because they've been starled by quick movements and they get to a defensive posture. They vibrate their tail to mimic a rattler's. My Gopher Snake used to do this when my husband initially got him. My gopher looked like a rattler, too. When some of my friends initially saw my gopher snake, they had to look twice thinking it was a rattler. :) It finally calmed down in a few days after getting it.

Here's a photo of him a couple month after we got him:

Attachments

• IMG_1561-RockyForumPost.jpg
    IMG_1561-RockyForumPost.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 64
I have heard of this from many people but have never experienced it my self, it's not a big deal it eventually stops.

Back