• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I am NOT a Satan Worshiper

NFS07

Stolen
Alright, lets me start off by saying that this is only coming up because I was called a Satan worshiper today. The guy was looking over my shoulder and saw my background with is the Aztec/zigzag wall paper at the moment and said “Ewwww, why do you have snakes as your background?” Me: “ Cause I own one.” Him: “Snakes are Satan.” Me: “Not really, it says nothing in the bible about him being a snake. A serpent can be many things and there are many animals that crawl around on the ground with no legs.” Him: “No Satan is a snake and if you have a snake then you worship Satan!” Me: “Your joking right?” Him: “No! We have to get you help but first you have to kill that snake, you have to kill the Satan in your life.” Me: “Your insane, I don't worship Satan. Good bye” I got up and walked away after that.

I mean why on earth would anyone say something like that? I did not even know the guy. I wanted to hit him but decided against it seeing how I was in a public place. I have never read the bible cover to cover but I know the story of Adam and Eve and I don’t remember it ever saying anything about a SNAKE showing Eve the tree. I also don’t remember it saying it was an apple tree, these images have been attached by us to help give them more meaning. It says a serpent that crawls on its belly and has no legs so we look for something that could be serpent like and snakes have always been feared. They were after all these beasts that could kill people from one bite and no one knew how to stop them. So why not attach something that is already feared to something that lead mankind away from their garden?

Has anyone else been called a Satan Worshiper? I have been called some crazy things; Nazis, Little Hitler, and a cow killer before but I think this one bothered me the most. Any input? I have a feeling I’ll see the guy again, I love my starbucks and we only have two in this area so he’ll show up again I’m sure. Any words of advice?

Wow, some people are just.....wow. I've never been called anything like that. It's amazing how different people are. This guy has probably been brainwashed by religion and is overly literal in deciphering biblical messages. All living things are creatures of God IMO. Why did the snake have to get such a bad reputation? It's definitely fearing something "different" as you mention. No arms and legs is "weird." From an evolutionary perspective, the snake skeleton actually has remnants of appendages believe it or not. My only advice is to be proud to own an animal that many people are too ignorant and narrow-minded to love and respect. Just laugh about it.

Better yet, ask him if snakes are so evil how come God had Moses turning his staff into a SNAKE to convince unbelievers? It could have been a puppy or a chicken, right?
I've been around some annoying Bible thumpers, but when you use their own book as evidence it tends to shut them up.

I wish I would have someone do that to me!!
I'd hand him my bible and ask him to SHOW ME where it says
all snakes are Satan..
I'm a keeper of 30+ snakes and am a Chaplain for
"On Track with Jesus Ministries"..
I don't throw either at anyone, but if asked I try and answer
questions about either to the best of my knowledge.
I'm still learning about both and probably will always be learning.

So.... NO, just because one keeps snakes doesn't mean they
are Satan worshipers...

yeah, my computer programing teacher said something like that to me, i pointed out that his beloved apple computer could symbolize evil (eve took a bite out of the apple) yeah i hate people that make Christians look like idiots. i believe that God made everything perfect and beautiful.

When you sit back and look at the situation you really can not help but laugh. I really get annoyed when idiots like that make my beliefs look like part of a group of insane fanatics. Sounds like you carried yourself well, I apologize on behalf of this idiot. I am a Christian and I own over 100 snakes and I am not going to hell for it. Jamay Im curious what you meant by all living things are creatures. Just curious

I was once called a Satan worshiper when a man in (I swear he was wearing this) an UNCLE SAM suit on the metro train saw me wearing a pentacle because I am Pagan, and, well, I have a pentacle necklace. That has NOTHING to do with Satan. We don't even believe in Satan or Hell! Holy Moly! We are tree worshipers for goodness sakes...

The guy had nasty teeth too..ick! I have never felt so unsafe in my life as he bended over me with his foul breath and accused me of worshiping Satan and told me I needed to find salvation in Jesus.

I have read the Bible cover to cover, though. Nowhere is a Satan a snake.

Boy, there are crazies and there are CRAZIES!

Oh, for advice, I'd say just tell him to please leave you alone. If he doesn't, threaten to call the police. No one needs to be subjected to that crap.

God created all living things both animal and people..He let Adam name each animal..for the snake to get it's name it must have lived in the garden as well..So snakes are not bad...

Even though I am christan and I do believe in God and in Jesus..I am also open to the idea of evolution...As time passed I went from being told to understand what I only could read about to deciding to morely accept science and it's evidence....I guess I'm one of those..believe is when I see it kind of people...

All hail Stan! :bowdown:

No, seriously. Some people can say the strangest things.
[like god creating the world in seven days]

I get called or asked if i worship Satan all the time. I am also Pagan and everyone seems to think pentacles are evil and ya worship the devil. I look at them and go WTF I don't even believe in him let alone worship him. I have asked "Who is this person called Satan of which you speak?" just to get a reaction though.

me wearing a pentacle

My wife has got that because she wears one of Oroborus around a pentacle. She wears it because of Oroborus and the pentacle just happens to be there. It doesn't mean anything more to her than a cross probably means to you. Anyway, she doesn't even wear Oroborus because of its connection to Norse mythology or the newer (and stolen) idea people have attached to it's modern "pagan" interpretation. She wears it because she likes the snake - not much else.

ANYWAY, she gets accused of it all the time. We live in Texas. The last time, she acted pissed and accused the person of hating the "Texas Star." They got so flustered and apologetic that it was REAL funny. Stupid Texans.....lol. I luv 'em!

God created all living things both animal and people..

...all except snakes. The noodly master created those in his image. Like Pirates, snakes are his chosen. I suspect the rumor about snakes being evil was created by calculator eating witches in an attempt to sway the followers. Don't believe the witches! You don't want to end up in Hell: the beer is flat and the strippers have VD in Hell! Aggggghhhhh! :roflmao:

When you sit back and look at the situation you really can not help but laugh.

That was pretty much all that I could think about, too. That would have made me laugh so hard that it would have made my day. Of course, I would have likely followed up with some comment about regularly seeing his wife at our moonlight Sabbath.....lol.

I've had to work with a wildlife manager (B.S. degree and all) who - instead of managing non-game wildlife like snakes - would kill every snake he say because "the bible said they were evil." This guy was paid to protect wildlife, manage them for the public, and had a college degree. (Of course, the university where he got that degree has always left me astoundingly underwhelmed.) ...and he killed EVERY snake he say even while working on public lands where it is illegal for you or I to collect, harm, or harass reptiles and amphibians. Sick, isn't it?

yeah, my computer programing teacher said something like that to me, i pointed out that his beloved apple computer could symbolize evil (eve took a bite out of the apple) yeah i hate people that make Christians look like idiots. i believe that God made everything perfect and beautiful.

See, it never says that it was an apple just a fruit but over the years people have attached the apple as that fruit yet people still eat it...

Wow, some people are just.....wow. I've never been called anything like that. It's amazing how different people are. This guy has probably been brainwashed by religion and is overly literal in deciphering biblical messages. All living things are creatures of God IMO. Why did the snake have to get such a bad reputation? It's definitely fearing something "different" as you mention. No arms and legs is "weird." From an evolutionary perspective, the snake skeleton actually has remnants of appendages believe it or not. My only advice is to be proud to own an animal that many people are too ignorant and narrow-minded to love and respect. Just laugh about it.

I love my snake. I tend to side with the evolutionary side of anything anyways because while I do worship God I don't think that he made everything perfect the first time. There are to many findings that say we did not just pop up the way we are, we have grown and changed so many times so who is to say that we did not come from monkeys? Please don't eat my head off this is what I feel happened, I know that not everyone feels the same and I respect that and won't try to change your mind if you don't try to change mine.

When you sit back and look at the situation you really can not help but laugh. I really get annoyed when idiots like that make my beliefs look like part of a group of insane fanatics. Sounds like you carried yourself well, I apologize on behalf of this idiot. I am a Christian and I own over 100 snakes and I am not going to hell for it. Jamay Im curious what you meant by all living things are creatures. Just curious

I do now but as it was happing it was a bit creepy. No need to apologize, I'm Christian also and I know that there are crazy people out there... I just happen to live near one. Lets hope he does not find out where I live or I might have to send my satan snake after him. :dgrin:

Perhaps he WAS actually crazy.

Maybe he was...

God created all living things both animal and people..He let Adam name each animal..for the snake to get it's name it must have lived in the garden as well..So snakes are not bad...

Even though I am christan and I do believe in God and in Jesus..I am also open to the idea of evolution...As time passed I went from being told to understand what I only could read about to deciding to morely accept science and it's evidence....I guess I'm one of those..believe is when I see it kind of people...

Same but I still feel like there is a high being just not all the stories happened the way that the bible lays them out as.

All hail Stan! :bowdown:

No, seriously. Some people can say the strangest things.
[like god creating the world in seven days]

Well, God could have created the world in seven days. Who knows how long seven days could have been. Maybe it was long enough that the Big Bang could have happened and seven days was a million years but seven days sounded better.

So at least I know I'm not alone in the world of being called something crazy. Some people just don't know what they are talking about.

Ok, seven of our days. Again something humans attached to make it sound better, it give it understanding.

If you believe in God, yes he could make the world in seven days...He is GOD..He could make things at an 'age'.....My dad is a theologest/lay preacher..
Never underestimate God....Don't put human limitations on an omnipotent being..LOL

Good Day
I am a lay preacher and yes, scripture does not mention what type of tree, it says, "the tree of the knowledge of good and evil", where apple comes from?, who knows. Now, lets talk about Satan, the first and favourite of all Gods' Angels', Satan was indeed very powerfull, so much so that he thought he was more powerful than God and was therefore banished by God. Satan with all this power could have used any form he liked so a Serpent is just a form of advertising Satans abilities. If snakes are so bad why was Eve not afraid of it?
I smoke cigarettes and have the occasional beer and was onced criticised and told by someone that I should be ashamed to call myself a preacher as I was defiling the temple of the lord, however, this was my answer. Did Jesus Christ not turn water into wine and does the scripture not tell us to practice moderation which I honestly do attempt to do. Lastly, is God not loving and willing to forgive.
Oh, by the way, read my signature, I own more than a few snakes.

Ciao

Good Day
I am a lay preacher and yes, scripture does not mention what type of tree, it says, "the tree of the knowledge of good and evil", where apple comes from?, who knows. Now, lets talk about Satan, the first and favourite of all Gods' Angels', Satan was indeed very powerfull, so much so that he thought he was more powerful than God and was therefore banished by God. Satan with all this power could have used any form he liked so a Serpent is just a form of advertising Satans abilities. If snakes are so bad why was Eve not afraid of it?
I smoke cigarettes and have the occasional beer and was onced criticised and told by someone that I should be ashamed to call myself a preacher as I was defiling the temple of the lord, however, this was my answer. Did Jesus Christ not turn water into wine and does the scripture not tell us to practice moderation which I honestly do attempt to do. Lastly, is God not loving and willing to forgive.
Oh, by the way, read my signature, I own more than a few snakes.

Ciao
IF THIS IS TOO NEAR THE KNUCKLE WILL A MOD DELETE IT PLEASE...
NO OFFENCE TO ANYONES BELIEF INTENDED
Eve wasn't affraid of the snake as it was a penis....It was Eve who tempted Adam The tree of knowledge etc. Was procreation something exclusive to God until Adam and Eve had other ideas...Thats why it is the original sin......Satan got Eve to undermine Gods power to create by tempting Adam with sex......

Back