• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

'03 feeding schedule...

ronlina

I have a 14-15 inch '03 (from last July) that had been eating one pink a week for a little while. After feeding, she started to seem like she was looking for more food, so just out of curiosity I threw her another and she took it down right quick. The next week, I fed her the same (2 pinks) and she again took them right down. I soon noticed that she looked a little heavier after digesting her meals, she seemed a little ...'fatter' before her vent and then afterward the tail taperd a lot. I'm not sure if I'm making her fat, or if this is just the way she's developing as a female, (looked somewhat like the 'female' pictures from Kathy Love's Book)

...So what do you think? Should I start feeding her every 14 days instead of 7 or something? Is she ready for fuzzies, or should I go back to the old one pinkie a week schedule...

The chances of your little one getting fat is (excuse the pun) slim. They are in a major growing stage at that size/age. The extra thickness is most likely more waste (soon to be expelled for you to clean). Feeding the two every week should be fine.

The majority of my 03's that are around that size are on fuzzies every 5-7 days.

Once you bump up the food to something a hair more nutritious you should notice a huge growth spike.

I personally only have two 03's that are still on pinks.

And I agree with DAND, the chances of a snake that young getting fat are quite small. They're still growing and utilizing their food, whereas adults' metabolisms slow down and the food tends to store up.

I would say to continue with feeding 2 pinks for a few more feedings, then switch to a small fuzzy. If she does OK with the small fuzzy, then continue feeding that size for a few feedings, then feed a slightly larger fuzzy, and so on...

I agree that the extra plumpness is probably wastes.

...Thanks a lot. I'll keep feeding her the two pinks, then, and see if she'll take a small fuzzy in a little while.

thanks fer zee help...

Back