• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

acclimation period?

HAUZEY

Underoath
what's up everyone? i just recently bought a larger tank to keep my corn in. i put her in it this past thursday and have left her alone to adjust to her new space. i was going to let her be for about a week or so. am i doing the right thing or can i take her out sooner? thanks a lot.

I would say it may depend on the age of the snake and how much larger the new tank is. But really I think a few days time is probably plenty. After moving mine from a 10 gallon to a 20 gallon I gave her about 2 or 3 days. Moving from one tank to a slightly larger one is completely different from being shipped cross country and then placed inside a large tank after living your whole life in a deli cup or similar small container (and all in one day, no less), IMO.

It does depend on the snake. I've moved my amel twice in the course of his life as he's grown larger and I've never bothered with an acclimation period. He is very mellow and has never appeared stressed or even refused food. Usually he checks out the entire viv from top to bottom before going and hanging out somewhere. It is sort of like cleaning out the whole viv. No different than that.

thanks for all the feedback guys. im still going to give her another day or 2 though because i upgraded to a pretty large tank that will definately last for the rest of her days. thanks again.

Back