• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

adopted snake heating questions

cotner

hey all, so tonight i picked up my second corn snake, its a beautiful female anery. She was listed locally on craigslist and couldnt resist...ooops... The girl I got her from didnt use any heating source on this corn. She said it was b/c the corn didnt ever seem to care, meaning it didnt spend any time on the 85 degree F side of the viv unlike all her other corns which all had heating pads. I know im supposed to have heating on my vivs, and i do on my butter corns' viv, but would it be fine to not have a source on the anery seeing as it didnt seem to like having the heat source?

I can only tell you that most of my snakes stay on the cool side almost all year long. However, when old man winter finally gets South Texas cold my snake will spend a day or two on the warm side after they eat then move back to the cool side.

I guess what I am trying to say is how can the snake regulate its body temp if it does not have a warm side to go to.

Love the Fatman

I agree with Fatman. Mine rarely spend time at the warm end. That doesn't mean they never need it.

Plus, unless the shop were observing the snake 24 hours a day, they have no idea what she was doing overnight when they weren't there to see it.

I'd go ahead and buy the heating for her. She'll thank you for it!

yeah thats what i was thinking too. Didnt know if anyone else had snakes with similar behavior seeing as my butter corn spends most if its time on the warm end. thanks! off to petco lol

thought i'd share a few pics of my new girl :)

Photoon2010-09-22at13462.jpg

Photoon2010-09-22at1346.jpg

Back