• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Another Pet

HAUZEY

Underoath
Whats up guys. I recently bought my girlfriend a chinchilla and her dogs went nuts and wouldnt leave it alone so of course I took it to my house. I'm just curious if this will have an affect having my snake and the chinchilla in the same room. I'd like to keep them both in the same room but if necessary the chinchilla can go to another room. It might be a dumb question but any opinion would help me out. thanks.

Do you have the chinchilla in it's own enclosure?? We (at PetsMart) keep them separately with alot of room. They are very hyper and need room to jump. If you let them roam the house, they most certainly will drive a dog crazy, they shouldn't be kept where both are allowed to roam together. They are also very secretive and love to have hides just like snakes. As long as your snakes are in their tanks, secure, the chinchilla should pose no threat to them. Do not, however, have both out at the same time. Or any other animal with the chinchilla. JMO

edit: please make sure you provide them with timothy hay at all times, and give them a dust bath after you handle them. The oils from your hands mat their fur.

We had some of our quarantined fancy rats in the same room as our corns for 2 weeks. The corns were a little more active during the late hours than usual.. If it is for long periods of time i wouldnt do it, as i think it kind of frustrates the snakes to have the scent of food circulating the air.. IMO :D

ok. thats what i was thinking with having the smell of possible food in the same room with the snake. After tonight I'll move the chinchilla into my brothers room. Thanks for the help. Peace

HAUZEY said:
Whats up guys. I recently bought my girlfriend a chinchilla and her dogs went nuts and wouldnt leave it alone so of course I took it to my house. I'm just curious if this will have an affect having my snake and the chinchilla in the same room. I'd like to keep them both in the same room but if necessary the chinchilla can go to another room. It might be a dumb question but any opinion would help me out. thanks.
It should be fine just so as to your snake doesn't get into your girlfriends cage.

Lol :grin01:

Back