• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Baby corn snake regurgitated and hasn’t been seen drinking water

hannah.stahman

Hi! I’m a brand new snake owner. I fed my baby corn snake, Odo, for the first time this past Monday. Thursday I noticed he had regurgitated the pinky he had. He’s also not very active and i haven’t seen him drink water. I did so much research before getting him and even more after I saw he didn’t keep his food down and I’m not sure what I’ve done wrong. His vivarium has a 85 -80 degree warm side and 80-75 cool side. He has multiple hides and climbs and a water dish. I thought I might’ve handled him too soon after eating but I’m not sure.

My main question is how long do I wait to try feeding him again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long after eating did you handle him? He needs to now wait 2 weeks before you can feed again. And then his next meal needs to be very small, like just a pinkie head. You can also get some nutribac to sprinkle on his next few meals.

I waited a little over a day to handle him. Waiting that long to eat won’t hurt him? It will be 3 weeks with out him eating by then.

I waited a little over a day to handle him. Waiting that long to eat won’t hurt him? It will be 3 weeks with out him eating by then.

To clarify. I fed him Monday the 18th so I should wait till April 1st to feed him again?

In the future, he needs a minimum of 48 hours to digest without being handled or disturbed. Handling so soon likely caused his regurge.

As long as he is healthy and the regurge wasn't caused by some internal issue or illness, and he's not severely undersized, then yes, you'll need to wait until April 1st to feed him again and it shouldn't hurt him. If you have a chance between now and then, I would weigh him with a gram scale.

Back