• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Balancing Heat and Humidity

jagodzinski

This winter, it has been very cold in the room where I keep Jag. (Like getting down to 65). So I put a space heater in my room by my snake to get the air temp back up to 72 degrees. And the floor heat gradient is totally fine.

However, after running the heat like this for a couple weeks, it has made the air very dry in my room. I am expecting a shed soon, so I am starting to get concerned. I have some damp papertowels in the hide I usually use to make a moist hide and I covered most of the top of the tank with a towel, but it is still very dry (like 30% humidity).

I do have a small humidifier on the other side of the room (personal size). Should I try moving this closer to Jag? I just don't want to go the opposite extreme and make it too humid.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

I do have a small humidifier on the other side of the room (personal size). Should I try moving this closer to Jag? I just don't want to go the opposite extreme and make it too humid.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

This is what I do. I put the humidifier closer to the viv. I ha not ever found daily misting to help much, but there are many variables in maintaining humidity.

I put a second water bowl on the hot side of the tank and refill it when empty. This helps keeps the humidity in my tank high enough [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back